Trophy won't start. Disconnected cables?

Reaction score
Hi, i wondered if anyone here could help me.

My car wouldn't start the other day, i assumed it was a problem with the battery, but checking it with a voltmeter confirmed it was fully charged.
When i removed the battery, i noticed a loose plug not connected to anything but i can't find where it should be plugged in.
Here's a photo;
IMG_0378.JPGAnyone know where it's supposed to go and whether it would fix the problem?

I also found a similar cable unplugged on the opposite side of the engine but managed to find a corresponding socket.
Here:
IMG_0379.JPG

I was also wondering what this tube behind the battery was supposed to be doing;
IMG_0380.JPG

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My dad always used to sort stuff like this out for me but he sadly passed away last year and i'm kind of clueless.

Cheers and Happy New Year

Cody

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If I remember correctly #1 are just the bits and bobs left doing nothing once you remove the acoustic valve. And the ribbed tube #3 is just the battery overflow.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
As said above.

The plug is all to do with your acoustic valve and like me yours is missing / been taken out.
Picture038_zpsf4886fa5.gif

Just tape the plug up and cable tie it so its tucked away and secure.

The 3rd picture is the small hose that should be plugged into the side of your battery for overflow. Your battery will either have a small plastic pipe coming out of it or a hole where this plugs into and then it just hangs direct to the ground.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
NO you dont want to disconnect the cable in the second picture.

I cant recall what its for but you dont want to unplug it.

Reaction score
Have you got the car started? ps, you need to clean your engine bay.

Reaction score
Got it started after charging battery with new charger. Still think there might be a problem with starter motor or something.

Thanks for all the advice :)

Reaction score
As mentioned by the other guys #1 Is the acoustic V/v actuator plug. Fine as you have a maxogen it will be removed. I'd tape up the plug with insulation tape though. #2 is a pressure switch ... without getting out and checking mine can't say what personally. #3 as mentioned battery overflow.