Reaction score
i brought my trophy last week i p/x my 172 cup when i go above 2000rpm the trophy whistles is this normall as it didnt do it in my cup

Reaction score
Mine does it a bit when your just setting off, in fact i got accused of having a turbo conversion by old subaru mates :shock: ( but thats cos they couldn't shake me on the B roads :D )

Reaction score
all is normall. its just your highly restrictive paper filter truggling.... you need to get at least a panel filter k &n style....will free up the car and improve smoothness of acceleration and down shifts....

Reaction score
funny you should say that when i went on a test drive the lady how came with us said it had a turbo what did she no lol

Reaction score
Yep all normal and only audible with windows down :)

O.

Reaction score
Yer my m8 has an a3 1.8t, i love reving it next to him as its louder than his turbo lmfao

Reaction score
trophy336 said:
can someone explain why it whistles

Ooh boy, are you gonna get some varied replies, everything from temperature sensor-less driver door mirrors to standard air filters, the truth is it's the cars soul, the faster you go, the happier it is, so it whistles a tune to let you know it approves of the increased pace. Then when you're driving fast enough the whistle is replaced by a roar. That's when you know you're driving at the correct pace, when the whistle can no longer be heard.

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
trophy336 said:
can someone explain why it whistles

The most plausable reason I've seen is that there is a butterfly valve in the standard induction system that causes the whistle, the noise will disapear if you fit an aftermarket induction kit.

Reaction score
no they improve...i fitted a k&n from ebay ......very very highly reccomended!!!! make sure you fit a cold air feed to the floor as the standard one you will have only goes above the horn... a good foot from the floor

www.cardomain.com/id/garzo

for the end result. or you can hide it under the spliter