Reaction score
Just bought no 429 , 29k miles. I want to get big service, belts etc etc. I am in north London, any advice very welcome as doing really want to go to main dealer.

Also, any top tips re tuning/chipping the car for better / smoother running ?

Thanks

Neil

Reaction score
Hello Neil,

Im not technically minded but im sure you'll get a lot of good info from the guys on here. May be worth using the 'search' function on the front page and use the key words from your post above. There will be loads of threads about tuning and mapping etc.

Also worth updating the Trophy Register to say you now own 429 and some details about it.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
aucky said:
JMS, Uxbridge

Picked the car up from them last night, very good (I will write more later) but if you are into a little detailing and have a nice shiny car expect to get your leg pulled, fortunately I was in a good mood so they escaped to service another day :)

Reaction score
hoolio said:
aucky said:
JMS, Uxbridge

Picked the car up from them last night, very good (I will write more later) but if you are into a little detailing and have a nice shiny car expect to get your leg pulled, fortunately I was in a good mood so they escaped to service another day :)

You did say you were going to tell us a little more about your expeience Hoolio?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep I did but I wanted to have a chance to check her over during the weekend before I wrote up my opinion as it had about a week previously developed a burning smell from the engine bay that I couldn't put my finger on that I wanted to check had been sorted.
Because of this smell I decided that the car should be trailored to JMS as I did not want to risk the 50 minute drive and Tom quoted me a transport price that was so good that once time, petrol and train/bus fares were taken into account was a no brainer and to complete the service James the mechanic arrived with the truck to talk through the problem which turned out to be an oil leak from the rear of the rocker cover onto the exhaust manifold which required a cam sealing kit.
The 5year/cam/aux service was a little more expensive than some of the Indie's have been quoting but also included oil change, coolant flush/change, plugs, pollen filters etc the one thing it didn't include was brake fluid so you would need to ask for that as an extra.
Tom kept me updated just about every day as to the progress, it took a little longer as the repair required cam seals which renault supplied incorrectly and because they had the car for a week Tom came and picked me up to go a collect it.
Without seeming to be too gushing spot on service and I will go back.