Reaction score
Hi guys, my Trophy currently has uprated Brembo brakes/pads and full stainless steel exhaust system. I have a few hundred pound to spend on the car and as it is due it's MOT in October I was considering getting remap done at the same time.

I have spoken to a guy called Paul whom I believe links in with RS Murray in Leeds who has quoted £345 + VAT for a custom MAP.

Paul quoted figures of 5-10 bhp increase which, while on paper sounds fairly low, felt that the throttle response would be noticeable.

I wondered if anyone on here had done a remap?
What did you pay?
What gains did you get?
Would you recommend getting it done?

Appreciate your thoughts?

Reaction score
Personally (& i have a Ktec remap), i wouldnt bother if your only mod is an exhaust.

If you have throttle bodies, cams, or JMS inlet manifold, yes. But for generic exhaust/filter, its a complete waste of money imho. For reference, a fastchip map, for £150, will give you improved throttle response :)

Reaction score
Good stuff mate, thanks for the reply. Think I will keep the cash for an early track day next year.

Cheers,

Nick

Reaction score
You will still benefit from a live map though, don't let dave put you off that aspect,

You will always get a better running engine with a live map specific for your car, the rs tuner is just a generic map but still good all the same

To be fair though like dave said it would be best to spend the extra on the livemap if you had ITB's, charger or JMS inlet manifold as you would see more of the benefits

If it was me I'd do the RS tuner for the time being, it is a good map set up and if its the smoother power delivery, sharpened up throttle response and a few extra rpm you want, then for £150 its a bargain. The best thing is you can sell the RS tuner unit on for £90-100 so in real terms you're paying around £50-60 for a remap

Reaction score
A remap won't give you much more power but it smooths out the car and does make a difference in daily use.

My car was mapped by JMS Tuning and the map replaced a KTEC one and the car now feels much better.

Reaction score
stealthsport.co.uk said:
A remap won't give you much more power but it smooths out the car and does make a difference in daily use.

My car was mapped by JMS Tuning and the map replaced a KTEC one and the car now feels much better.
Aren't the maps JMS use straight from henk at fastchip anyway?

They just match the right ecu file and calibration to your cars ECU, unless they did the live mapping which they data log, send to henk, he makes some changes and sends it back over for you to test out

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Finally got round to buying the RS Tuner and installing the performance map.

I must say I'm over the moon with the results. Car feels smooth to drive, much better cold starts, higher idle, better MPG (saved £5 this week), higher rev limit and much more 'Torquey' feel. 1st to 2nd change really pushes you back into your seat!!

For £60 (after selling the unit on) this is an absolute WIN!!

Reaction score
Cheers! I'll add it to the list of things I'd like to buy for my Trophy when I have enough money!

Needs dampers done though before I even consider spending money on anything else. :(

Reaction score
Well... i'm going to stick up for remaps a little!

I recently had a K-Tec remap and would thoroughly recommend it. Shaun (i think) @ K-Tec has written the map himself and consequently understands all the ins and outs of it. He was able to answer my fairly technical questions in detail and it was nice that he took the time to discuss it with me.

In terms of performance, i saw gains of 9.6bhp at maximum power, but pretty much 8-10bhp across the whole rev range. Alongside this were gains of upto 13flb torque. Again, with a healthy increase across the whole range. The kick at around 5k revs has become significantly smoother and general throttle response has improved- as you'd expect.

My only engine related mods before the remap were as follows:
Milltek Cat Back exhaust
Matched inlets (done by me)
K-tec panel filter

Also worth noting is that the K-tec rolling road reads quite conservatively - this was confirmed by Shaun and hence they are getting new rollers in the new year.

So, personally i would say a remap is worth while. As long as you don't have more severe future plans that will need a different map or different ecu - otherwise you've wasted £200!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've been reading through this and the other threads regarding the RS Tuner.

What is the difference between the RS Tuner Pro and non-Pro model? Am I right in assuming most T owners have used the non-Pro model? Also, do you have to send Henk your test results in order to get a new mapping or is that just personal preference should you wish to improve your already improved mapping?

Thanks in advance!