Reaction score
Hello.
I am on the look out for a Trophy but my misses wants separate seats and head rests in the back like this one.

DSCF1443.jpg

Is this an option from the factory or do you just have to try and source the seats yourself? thanks for any advice on this even though i know its a strange? :oops:

Reaction score
All Trophys came with the cup 'povery' spec rear bench, the one from a 182 as shown above will fit straight in, to my knowledge.

Reaction score
Sounds like you actually want to sit in the back ( :lol: ).

If that's the case, you're going to have to be short in the leg department!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think this may be the only upgrade I would consider to the interior, assume these are the same rear seats to 172 / 182?

Reaction score
Ive been waiting for some too pop up in my local scrap yard for ages, NO way im paying ebay prices for them! Cool upgrade though, nothing else i would do to the Trophy internally, appart from maybe find a steering wheel that doesnt melt in my hands, lol.

Ajr

Reaction score
Those are ph2 172 seats, the 182 ones have lighter stitching and the perforated alcantara etc is different.

The 172 doorcards are much nicer also with soft thin leather instead of plastic, soft touch door pulls/window switch holders and obviously alcantara inserts!

I am willing to swap my 172 interior parts for some standard trophy ones if i trade the trophy in soon...

Reaction score
i noticed something funny with the steering wheel melting issue. Lee, who first owned 007, i seem to remember always had cold and dry hands whenever i met up with him and the wheel had absolutely no melting on it whatsoever, yet after only 6-7k of driving in my hands it has done it like it did on my old 182. Now, i dont have sweaty hands, but they arent bone dry all the time, i always have warm hands unlike my missus who has cold hands all the time and thus always dry.

It's just an observation i have made, feel free to disagree, ignore or be disgusted..

Ajr

Reaction score
I have a tight grip on the wheel, and mine has started to melt a little. Thumb grips are fine though. It's a crap design, i miss my perforated real leather VAG steering wheel, that was so much nicer!

Picture047.jpg

Gear knob and gaiter were decent too:

Picture161.jpg

This is where french cars fall down. Even driving a 197 back to back with the fabia, the 197 interior felt cheap and nasty. It may have fancy features, but quality over quantity for me i'm afraid, which is why i'm moving back to the german fold!

My old 3 series for instance had a full stainless exhaust system from the factory, lasted 22 years, a clio exhaust struggles to last 2 years. Just goes to show that cars aren't made quite like they used to be, and french will never be as good as german.