Reaction score
I heard a rumour that RenaultSport put specially selected engines into the 500 Trophy's. Is it true?

I know quite a few of you guys have gone from standard 182's to Trophy's, have you noticed any marked improvement in power delivery etc?

I know it's till early days with regards to them loosening up.... ( and my 172 has got better and better with mileage) but you can usually tell a good one from a bad one straight away...

Reaction score
But they're still making 182's.... So it's not like they have a load left over.

Reaction score
both the 182 and the trophy stopped production at pretty much the same time. The engines used in the trophy are exactly the same as those in the 182. The core difference between the two cars is the suspension.

the only 182 left are those which have been made and are sat at the import suit ready to be sold. IIRC there is around 190 left thats it.

Reaction score
Maverick said:
I heard a rumour that RenaultSport put specially selected engines into the 500 Trophy's. Is it true?

I know quite a few of you guys have gone from standard 182's to Trophy's, have you noticed any marked improvement in power delivery etc?

I know it's till early days with regards to them loosening up.... ( and my 172 has got better and better with mileage) but you can usually tell a good one from a bad one straight away...

They are all 'specially selected'......

p.s. thanks Lee for starting this.

Reaction score
lol I know, it was a joke!! Bloody wink sign isn't obvious enought on this forum!!