Reaction score
Can you purchase the the paint for the alloy wheels?

My local dealer has given me a brand new alloy wheel after they curbed one and I want to have a go at repairing the old wheel.

7MAT

Reaction score
hard to buy

code is Ixell 205-110

my mate who owns www.lap-tab.co.uk has the colour in powdercoat form and charges £50 per wheel through me

Reaction score
Fred said:
hard to buy

code is Ixell 205-110

my mate who owns www.lap-tab.co.uk has the colour in powdercoat form and charges £50 per wheel through me

i need to get two wheels refurbished. where is your mate located?

Reaction score
He's in birmingham

but luckily i'm in oxford monday to thursday with work, my family home is in birmingham (and i have loan sets of wheels, so your car doesn't have to come off the road!)

www.lap-tab.co.uk

Reaction score
Fred said:
He's in birmingham

but luckily i'm in oxford monday to thursday with work, my family home is in birmingham (and i have loan sets of wheels, so your car doesn't have to come off the road!)

www.lap-tab.co.uk

ok, so i'm in north london - how do I use your friend? Presumably I drive to you in oxford, swap wheels around, then return the next week to pick up my shiny news turinis? how much will it cost me in total?

Reaction score
Fred said:
thats the idea

call me on 07769712624

Fred

thanks for that, i just need to decide whther its worth saving £50 by having to drive to oxford twice. i may see if i can tie it in with some work

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the Speedline transfers anywhere? Long-shot.

Is that the same code for the Cup Wheels?

Reaction score
the 182 cup pack wheels are exactly the same colour as the 182 trophy wheels

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Anyone know of anyone who does this on powder coat still? North west region
Cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Wow a thread from before even my time :) I think the information above is a little misleading as it was my impression there was not an exact match in powder coat????
Has This changed anyone?

Reaction score
You’re right Chris. Colour match is the main issue with powder coating. Also they often have a large metal flake content. The original colour is a light flat shade of grey.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
There is no match in powder that im aware of as powder can't be mixed like paint.
As powder is a solid and paint is not its very very difficult to get an exact match.

I have seen a lot of powder coaters paint wheels and then use a clear powder coat (Just like lacquer) go over them.

Below is the paint codes for all the Renault sport alloys

Info 003.jpg