Reaction score
Anyone tried Federal 595 RS-R's : semi slicks like R888's - they are significantly cheaper than Toyo's and seem to get good write up's elsewhere. I'm need a new set of track only rubber (was on 888's) and might try them ????

Reaction score
I haven't tried these, but they have a very similar tread to Goodyear Eagle F1's. They don't really look like semi slicks though like the R888's and Yoko A048's are. I would say from my experience with tyres I would pay that little extra. I bought a set of cheaper tarmac semi slicks and they wore unevenly and I didn't get half the mileage out of them that I would have had with a more expensive tyre. I guess it's just a risk, you could buy them and they're a total load of c@^p or they could be OK. Have you seen any user reviews?

Reaction score
I've just read a few reviews on them, and it all seems very positive, might be worth trying. If you do go ahead and buy a set, let us know how you get on? I'm always looking for tyres so if I can find some a little cheaper then great! ;o)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you can get hold of some RSR's then your doing well! they seem decent on paper.

Reaction score
The Cups are off a Ginetta G40 (junior) racing car. Size 205 40 15 £300 for 16 off ebay in really good nick as well. £200 a tyre when new.

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
Mr eljeffo did you get your hands on any of these?

In a word, no :-(

Every supplier here was out of stock, maybe a sign of how popular they are! Waiting for another set of 888's to arrive today, pricier but at least I know they work well.

Next time..........

Reaction score
just found them for sale on tyretrader.co.uk, £85 a tyre!

Do you think these would be too much of a compromise for mainly road driving?

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
just found them for sale on tyretrader.co.uk, £85 a tyre!

Do you think these would be too much of a compromise for mainly road driving?

Yes, a waste of time for the road - better off with the usual suspects.

Reaction score
Yea i think i was just being silly for 5 mins lol! That price was for 16''s by the way :)

Reaction score
spank-it said:
The Cups are off a Ginetta G40 (junior) racing car. Size 205 40 15 £300 for 16 off ebay in really good nick as well. £200 a tyre when new.

Sounds like a great deal. I just have 2 sets of 16" turini's unfortunately but let us know what you think of them. Most people use 15" for track.