• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I'm planning to.

• No, never have, never will.

• Total voters
Reaction score
I think it will interesting to see how many owners have taken their Trophy's on track, or are planning to, this may be organised track days, airfields, private tracks, drag strips, race events or the Nurburgring. I'm going to be taking mine soon, so at the moment it's a track virgin...

Edit - Please, after you've voted, reply with details of where you've been, how much it cost etc. Or any funny stories...

Reaction score
Only done one trackday in the Trophy so far. At Bedford, was an awesome day, made better by there being several other Trophy owners there! As I went in Febuary, it was a billy bargain at £99 for the day.

Where you planning on going and when? Could be time to try and get a few Trophy's out on track together again. :D

Reaction score
That sounds great, £99 - cheap as chips! I'm planning to take mine to Goodwood circuit first, because it's local and quite a nice easy one to start on, I'm told, then I'm going to take the Trophy on a road trip through France and on to visit the Nurburgring, if you buy a 12-lap ticket or whatever- it works out as unbeatable value.

I would definitely be up for a Trophy track-day, we should organise one while we still have some sunshine!

Reaction score
I havent as yet but only had the cra 2 and a half months!

Bedford is my nearest track so might try and sort something out for there, however i'd also be up for a Trophy track day!

Reaction score
So far this year in the Trophy I've done 3 track days;

Brand Hatch with Easytrack earlier in the year, trouble was I was full of flu and went home early after lunch. Cost was £99.

Next was Abbeville (Easytrack) in May cost was £79 for a full day. Best track day event I’ve been on yet – excellent value also.

Then last week I did an evening track day at Brands with Circuitdays, cost was £119. I probably won’t do an evening event again as not great value. You only got 2.5 hours on track and with an open pit lane it was always busy – didn’t seem to get a decent full lap in!

Renaultsport trackday on the 21st August - all booked and paid for - can't wait!

Plan on doing a few more also ……

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
always had a thing about running my own cars on track, I've broken AMG's, Ferraris, all sorts. Brakes are normally the things that go, knowing the Trophy's brakes aren't exactly race spec I may wait until later in their life before giving them a good send off.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've taken my Trophy on quite a few days over the last year:

3 x Donington National, 2 x Brands Hatch (Evenings), Bedford (GT) , Goodwood, Nurburgring (15 laps), Silverstone GP (TRAX 05), Bruntingthorpe (FCS), 3 x Airfield Day (Smeatharpe Devon)

Jesus, no wonder i'm on my 4th set of brake discs & pads :shock:

Reaction score
Have now done four hillclimbs and two sprints. Admittedly the running time is much shorter than a trackday, but very enjoyable all the same - apart from the last sprint when I forgot to turn off the t/c for the first three runs (lost about 2-3 seconds!).

Car is very user friendly and forgiving - traction poor off the line - need to be very gentle and try for minimium wheel spin. On very tight corners (180) it rolls a lot and picks up the rear wheel very easily - have several photos of it several inches off the ground.

No issues with braking as they do not get abused - at Wiscombe the first big brake is after a crest and it really struggles to slow down, thought it was a cold pad problem, but at Dunkeswell it is fine.

Wiscombe is quite steep and it really feels as though it could do with more power.

Have just committed to a set of Kumho V70A's so will see what difference they make in July.

The competitors are a great set of people. - very friendly and helpful, even if some of them are running far more highly devleoped vehicles. (Evo 7 - 580 bhp for example) Costs: a restricted National B licence is about £40 and entry fees iro £65. Expensive for the miles done, but good in terms of organisation and timing.

Reaction score
I've done two trackdays with mine. Bedford GT and Rockingham. Both with BookaTrack and both cost £200. Both days were open pitlane and everyone was pretty laid back. Never waited to get on the track so had as much track time as i wanted.

Cue said:
always had a thing about running my own cars on track, I've broken AMG's, Ferraris, all sorts. Brakes are normally the things that go, knowing the Trophy's brakes aren't exactly race spec I may wait until later in their life before giving them a good send off.

I've done 260 miles on the track as well as 12000 road miles and just had my service done and i've got 50% of front brakes left and 70% on the rear i believe.
Lapping all 3.6 miles of bedford GT i found the trophy's brakes held up really well. I was able to get 4-5 laps out there before i got any sort of fade. Whilst people i was with were only able to do 3 laps although they were in heavier cars.

So get your trophy on the track, great fun to be had but just don't be to eager to throw it in to corners hard. Thats what i always end up doing when on the track.

Reaction score
Why should I not be tempted to throw it into corners hard, it loves it on the road. Is slow in, fast out the best approach on track? (Porsche Forum spies thinking 'slow in, slow out more like').

When shall we meet up for this Trophy trackday? I think anyone who is going to GFOS should arrange to meet, so we can plan some multi -Trophy action.

Come on people, Good statistics so far, half tracked, half not, but I know there's more than 26 of you out there...

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
stevegunnis said:
When shall we meet up for this Trophy trackday?

Dont forget the tracktime at FCS for anyone thats interested! Would be good to have a group of us out there together for a session :D

Look what Performance GTi Magazine thought when they spotted me going round last year:

pgti-article.JPG

Just think what they'd say to a group of us going round together :lol:

Reaction score
Nik said:
Just think what they'd say to a group of us going round together :lol:

A whole page to us lol. Im going to go to 1 or 2 trackdays in july hopefully