Reaction score
Haha, yeah it's having new discs and pads next month so didn't bother taking them off just stopped overspray going onto the hoses/hbrake cables etc. Any paint on the disc came off the first time I touched the brakes anyway

Reaction score
I know this is dragging the topic up from the dead...but it's only a quick question.

As I am about to do the same (replace disks & pads on)....I was thinking of using your quick technique and just spraying over the top and covering the important bits. But was just wondering if there's any danger of paint getting into the internals of the caliper etc.?

Cheers

Reaction score
Robbo said:
I was thinking of using your quick technique and just spraying over the top and covering the important bits

If i was you i would take the time to give them a sanding and then paint them by hand just to make sure you dont paint anything you shouldn't. I went with grey and it looks a million times better than standard but discreet enough to not look silly.

Reaction score
Like all painting, for good results that last - 90% preparation 10% finishing. Sloppy to just spray in situ imo .....

Reaction score
I'm afraid I turned to the dark side, I painted my callipers today. I used a matt black spray paint for stoves and cast iron fireplaces for temps upto 650 degrees C. But I didn't spray on the the calliper directly. After removing all the surface rust and brake dust with a wire sparkplug brush, sprayed the paint directly onto a small sponge and dabbed the paint on. The effect is basically like a clean but slightly darker calliper and without the discolourations of bare iron and rust, like the finish of a cast iron fireplace funnily enough. Quite subtle and not at all bling. Also painted the edges of the discs to stop the rust from forming.

Reaction score
moono16v said:
allsmiles said:
leave it to the corsa boys please

Whats your reason for not doing it??

Most 'decent' cars have them painted as standard don't they...even a fabia vrs has them done as standard!!!
calipers that come factory painted look ok, its different when you do it yourself (no matter how good you do it) i've painted mine satin black, i dont really want to attract attention to them, just dont want them to look scabby

Reaction score
I appreciate painting calipers divides opinion but does anyone have any pics they can share of a Trophy with silver calipers? Has it even been done?

And to all those that have painted their calipers any colour, what's your experience of the quality/durability of Hammerite Metal Paint Smooth versus Savage / E-tech / Foliatec / other caliper-specific paint?

Thanks,

Tim

Reaction score
Tim, I painted mine silver and they look great. That was about a year and a half ago. I will take some pics and post them up tomorrow!!

Well worth doing. Miles better than rusty looking and silver is a bit of a discreet mod! Red to me is chavvy and I'd only have red callipers if they was brembo/AP's!

Reaction score
I've used black hammerite smooth on mine, looks much better IMO. Black because you won't really have to clean the brake dust off them either. Silver will be a bitch to keep clean and don't look great tbh.