Should I fit front and rear strut braces to my Trophy

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I was looking through a broucher at work the other day and noticed a nice Sparco front and rear Red strut brace. Got me thinking should i or shouldt I fit them to the car.

I know the rear is only for looks but I am very tempted.

What the rest of you think????

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wouldn't bother with the rear one, will just make the boot even more unusable and just be a pain.

Front would look quite good and may make a slight difference, but i think i'd probably spend the money elsewhere.

Reaction score
Thing is i dont really want to muck about with the way the car handles, but I just want a bit of 'BLING' under the engine bay,

Any ideas?

Day

Reaction score
Those stainless steel battery covers look good.

Focus-battery-cover.jpg

I've seen matching suspension strut covers too.

You could paint the engine cover... oh wait that's extra on the Trophy :lol:

Reaction score
LOL I am tempted to get one of K-tec's carbon engine cover mainly to tidy the engine bay up a little, but i do like the idea of the chrome battery cover. Where do you get those from.

Reaction score
hav a look at those free mags you get in things like max power/red line etc

seen em those somewhere

Reaction score
I have already got a headunit and speakers, plus a sub but unsure if i want to fit them in the car as i have already had a full fitted install in my last clio and it was a pain in the arse, nowhere to put anything in the boot and all the cables.

Reaction score
I have fitted both front and rear to mine this being the OMP ones and i have to say everyone goes on about the rear does nothing but after fitting one at a time and trying the car out after i would say the most improvement i had was from the rear brace alone, it seemed to me to make the rear end stick to the road a lot better.

The reason for me fitting these was mainly due to the chassis on all clio's has a tendency to twist me having owned 3 clio's now all mk2's, its only slight and seem to affect both front doors where paint seems to chip off/rub at the top corner. Since fitting both braces neither of my doors now touch so it must have done something to the body.

If it was my choice now and after having a look around i would do the omp rear still as its a very good unit and cheep and go for the pure motorsport solid top mounts with the strut brace mainly due to it looking a lot better in quality.

http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=150

A Whiteline ARB is only slightly more than i paid for the OMP braces in anthracite, this being i think £115 delivered from strutbracer.co.uk but having not fitted my rear anti-roll bar due to it not being sent out till the Wednesday i can't say its a better option.

If you was wondering how i got an anti-roll bar its due to me getting one made up by Track Developments the same unit that was on a group buy on the CS forum, he has more stock and mine was £225 posted its taken him one week to get me one sorted.
The one asset with this anti-roll bar over the whiteline unit is the drop links used have a rose joint thats sleeved rather than a bush.
Link to CS group buy is bellow and last page has details for Track Developments. Will pop up some pictures once all fitted.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthre ... -group-buy.

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
wigstar1 said:
Are whitelines still regarded as the best strut braces at the moment?

No because they are anti roll bars :D

A good point well made, serves me right for posting up that late at night when i was suffereing from heat stroke.

Ha,ha.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have both strut braces and whiteline ARB.

The braces are purely for show but the front one is a big regret of mine. If I want to remove it I will be left with holes on the top of the turret :|

Reaction score
Aucky i thought that when i started drilling a small hole for the front, however if you just plug them up with flat rubber gromets you will never even notice them, i used m6 nut & bolts both sides so the holes are very small and i also popped some foam tape underneath so there was no damage to the paint.