Reaction score
i was thinking of T5 PHY or T9 PHY myself both for £189...
do you even own a trophy?...going off your posts i'd say no

Reaction score
son of solo said:

Friendly welcome! I actually bought my Trophy last week, but not bothered about keeping the 'plate, hence it's for sale.

Reaction score
beaver said:
son of solo said:

Friendly welcome! I actually bought my Trophy last week, but not bothered about keeping the 'plate, hence it's for sale.

if you post in the owners section you'll get your third star - you bought the one that i linked to above?

Reaction score
if you post in the owners section you'll get your third star - you bought the one that i linked to above?[/quote]

Ok, will do. And yes, it was that car, I saw it on Pistonheads..

Reaction score
This plate is worth £250 inc all fees fyi. £500 is way off.

Attachments

• P1010180.JPG
    P1010180.JPG
    794.6 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
T7PHY said:

I can see where you are coming from on this one but i'd have to disagree - using your logic T80 PHY should then only be worth £250 (original cost from DVLA) and not £3495 as i think its currently advertised at, if you pick the right private plate it can be a good investment because basically once a plate is sold - its gone. And generally people will pay a bit more for something exclusive.

You might be able to get a similar one but you will never actually own that specific plate unless the owner decides to sell the car with the plate on it or sell the plate separately (at an asking price well above the orignal price). Using the prefix style T* PHY plates as an example i see these going up in price in the future (especially the single number ones) as there are likely to be more Trophy models produced in the future thus more demand - i believe the current style (TR05 PHY) plates have already all been sold. Also numbers can play a part in it too - if someone owns a Trophy and the number 7 is relevent to them (birthday, lucky number, house no, etc) then they are more likely to pay a little more for T7PHY than some other random number.

This is just my thoughts on the subject, at the end of the day its all down to personal preference some people think private plates are a complete waste of money and others are willing to pay to have a unique plate on their car.

BC

Reaction score
at the end of the day a plate is as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I've had a bit of interest in T23 but nothing like what i would like to get for it. My plate's been valued by 3 companies for the same price which is what my for sale price was based around.

I'm not gonna piss on anyones for sale thread, if you can get £500 for T4 i'll be very envious lol

Good luck with the sale fella and hope you enjoy the new car :D

Reaction score
bc_seventy_six said:
T7PHY said:

I can see where you are coming from on this one but i'd have to disagree - using your logic T80 PHY should then only be worth £250 (original cost from DVLA) and not £3495 as i think its currently advertised at, if you pick the right private plate it can be a good investment because basically once a plate is sold - its gone. And generally people will pay a bit more for something exclusive.

You might be able to get a similar one but you will never actually own that specific plate unless the owner decides to sell the car with the plate on it or sell the plate separately (at an asking price well above the orignal price). Using the prefix style T* PHY plates as an example i see these going up in price in the future (especially the single number ones) as there are likely to be more Trophy models produced in the future thus more demand - i believe the current style (TR05 PHY) plates have already all been sold. Also numbers can play a part in it too - if someone owns a Trophy and the number 7 is relevent to them (birthday, lucky number, house no, etc) then they are more likely to pay a little more for T7PHY than some other random number.

This is just my thoughts on the subject, at the end of the day its all down to personal preference some people think private plates are a complete waste of money and others are willing to pay to have a unique plate on their car.

BC

your thoughts pretty much echo my post really, T4PHY for example could have a bit of meaning to the owner of number 004 :?:

as you say, it all depends on whether people actually like the idea of a personal plate.

Reaction score
Wouldnt it be good though if plates could only be sold at their original price, I've seen some crackers on cars nearby that i could then afford ;) 8MW, 16V, ALL 1N all spring to mind!

Reaction score
Gareth said:
bc_seventy_six said:
T7PHY said:

BC

your thoughts pretty much echo my post really, T4PHY for example could have a bit of meaning to the owner of number 004 :?:

as you say, it all depends on whether people actually like the idea of a personal plate.

I agree Gareth if someone had car number 004 then T4PHY would be a pretty neat plate, i also think the fact that it pretty much reads 'Taffy' makes it more desirable i.e non Trophy owners. I think £500 seems fair and i hope you are successful in selling it Beaver.

Good luck

BC

Reaction score
bc_seventy_six said:
Wouldnt it be good though if plates could only be sold at their original price, I've seen some crackers on cars nearby that i could then afford ;) 8MW, 16V, ALL 1N all spring to mind!

T20 PHY :p