Reaction score
Hi guys

I have got some Eibach Sportlines on mine but it seems more people are changing the springs on the Trophy. Anyone got any good recommendations? .. I have even heard the soft dare i say Apex have even had good reviews on the Trophy dampers.

Cheers for spring or damper related info,

Andy :D

Reaction score
Apex springs are good for stance but lord they are rubbish for everything else. Eibach have a very good reputation and make a quality product. Id stick with them if I was you.

Reaction score
Apex are horrific.

Please do not mention them in the same sentence as Trophy again :wink:

I hear Sportlines or Mark Fish are the way to go, no personal experience of either though im afraid.

I'm trying a Whiteline ARB before anything else. Will post a full review after Brands on the 28th :twisted:

Reaction score
hahaha Are apex that bad for ride?... i heard with the soft spring rate and stiff trophy sach dampers there ok. I can understand why on a normal clio sport there bad as the softer dampers and soft spring and low ride hight... but was wondering if its different on a trophy.

The Eibachs are good, i just cant seem to think there alittle to stiff

ABR now thats something i havent thought of, will be good to to read about that. Get a review up once its done

Reaction score
I'm trying a Whiteline ARB before anything else. Will post a full review after Brands on the 28th

My whiteline on the road is outstanding! Wont be back on track now until the new year. I look forward to hearing your review sir_Dave. Im looking into springs at the moment but want to track it after each mod so not rushing.

hahaha Are apex that bad for ride?... i heard with the soft spring rate and stiff trophy sach dampers there ok. I can understand why on a normal clio sport there bad as the softer dampers and soft spring and low ride hight... but was wondering if its different on a trophy.

I wouldn't put an APEX spring in a pen let alone a trophy

Reaction score
Its not the springs that are hard on a T its the dampers if anything, hence the jiggly ride.
The springs are prob too soft witness the roll on track.
Would defo not go softer on springs.

Whatever the detail of suspension the std set up works well and best not to mess unless you know what you are doing or take good advice...

Reaction score
Front camber and the whiteline rear ARB make a really good road setup. I loved mine but it still rolled more than I would like so I went with the Mark Fish setup of springs and the revalved rear dampers (just in case I ever make it back to the ring).

Reaction score
Think the ARB is the way to go... might stick with the Eibachs and add one of those to the Xmas wish list.

How does the Trophy hold up at the ring?. 14mile laps must give it some stick.

Cheers guys,

Reaction score
Andy_182trophy said:
How does the Trophy hold up at the ring?. 14mile laps must give it some stick.

You'll give it far more stick at a track than at the 'ring tbh, unless you're planning on going through the barriers lol.

As an aside, my 172 cup did 11 laps in one afternoon last time i went, so a Trophy would be fine.

Its a clio, not an italian thoroughbred lol

Reaction score
haha thats good news as i am planning a trip with some friends and one has a Clio Cup as well. Not sure i would last 11 laps so no need to worry about the car then.

I suppose your right about it getting more stick on the track, i think im just going to potter round the ring. Cant afford any mistakes.