Reaction score
Hi

What is the CPSi rating for the std cats in the Trophy? Are they 200?

Has anyone fitted sports cats to there Trophy yet? I see that KTR and Janspeed produce sports cats. Is this a worth while mod?

I fitted 100CPSi racing cats to my last car (also normally aspirated) and it made a big difference to low down torque and drivability.

7MAT

Reaction score
Do they pass the MOT when the time comes? I've seen the KTR one, with an exhaust too it would be lovely i'm sure.

Reaction score
This is taken from the Janspeed website

For the ultimate power increase, replacing the catalyst is a must. Janspeed''''s sports catalysts are free flowing yet MOT legal (UK), while for pre August 1992 vehicles Janspeed have a large range of straight through de-cat pipes

7MAT

Reaction score
Thats one for the shopping list. When the time comes to replace the standard one, then that bad boy will probably go in.

Day

Reaction score
The Janspeed engineers that I know personally reckon the sport cats are not worth it... go for the full decat.

Was advised to buy the sports cat only if the orginal one was knackard and I wanted an MOT legal replacement LOL

Reaction score
Day said:
The Janspeed engineers that I know personally reckon the sport cats are not worth it... go for the full decat.

Was advised to buy the sports cat only if the orginal one was knackard and I wanted an MOT legal replacement LOL

Interesting .... thanks for the info!

This is why I wanted to know the CPSi ratings so I could compare.

I'll just stick to getting a ITG panel filter for now.

7MAT

Reaction score
This is what KTR had to say about there sports cats for the Trophy;

Hello, thankyou for your enquiry,

The 182 sports cat is for fitment to the 182 trophy. Our cats are rated at 200 cell and the standard 182 cat is rated at between 300-400 cell. The units are not HJS units, our catalytic converters originate from france. The sports cat does not make the car any louder and there is no ’boom’ that you talk about,

Regards,

Richard Lowe
K-TEC Racing Ltd
Sales Department
01202 820800
www.k-tecracing.com

7MAT

Reaction score
So who sells a de-cat pipe for the 182?

Will fitting a de-cat pipe make my dash flash like a xmas tree?

Are Blueflame sports cats any good for the 182, as I can get one cheap?

7MAT

Day

Reaction score
Yozza on Cliosport is about to sell 182 decats if my memory serves me right.

Nik will know as I know he's been looking into the 182 decat scene.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have an option on a group buy for 182 decat pipes if i can get 5 orders. I was looking at getting one myself, so if 4 other people want one we can get a bit of a discount.

Normally £125, but £110 each if i can get 4 others who want one.

Anyone interested?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not intending to scaremonger, but i have read numerous posts on the cliosport site from owners who say their engine management light comes on etc etc when fitted.

may be wrong though!

Reaction score
if you guys drive your cars hard then it's worth just getting a decat pipe. I managed to kill 2 cats when I went to a stainless on mine before I went to the decat pipe... this is on me Willy, so not sure if this would be the same on the Trophy, but for the price of a decat and the price of replacing the cat it's well worth swapping them over once a year come MOT time.

Reaction score
matt the cat said:
not intending to scaremonger, but i have read numerous posts on the cliosport site from owners who say their engine management light comes on etc etc when fitted.

may be wrong though!

Mine is on. I have a sports cat from Pro-Speed. Its because the cat is freer flowing and the Management system thinks that the Renault Cat is faulty as the level of hydrocarbons (I think - it maybe something else) is too high. If you get the light reset, it usually comes back on after 1000-2000 miles, unless you are lucky.

Reaction score
strike said:
matt the cat said:

may be wrong though!

Mine is on. I have a sports cat from Pro-Speed. Its because the cat is freer flowing and the Management system thinks that the Renault Cat is faulty as the level of hydrocarbons (I think - it maybe something else) is too high. If you get the light reset, it usually comes back on after 1000-2000 miles, unless you are lucky.

Is it just the de-cat or does the sports cat also cause problems?

7MAT