Reaction score
My first post! :D
Erm... in all the pics of Trophies I've seen, all the cars have a small black splitter under the front valance. Mine brand spanker (No. 236) dosen't!!! How can this be?
Did Renault stop fitting them part way through the build run :?:

P.S. Got a VR4 for sale if anyone wants one.

Reaction score
Welcome!

It seems this was the case with a couple of other Trophy's on the board.

Take it back to Renault and ask them to put it back on!!!

O.

Reaction score
Apparently the splitters weren't fitted at the factory but at the dealership, so it should have been inside the car when delivered to the dealer and fitted before you received the car.

Welcome to the site mate, put a post in the owners section to get your Trophy owner star!

Day

Reaction score
Check the back seat or boot.
It's normally here pre delivery to the dealer.
I suspect you will need to take it back to the stealers - don't let them fob you off!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, my dealer discovered it on the back seat the day of delivery, so they had to rapidly (and not very brilliantly) fit it while i was signing the paperwork.

If it's not on your back seat (i presume you might have noticed by now :p) and the dealer doesn't have it get them to order you one in as you should definitely have it.

I know a few people who've had these missing on 172 Cups and 182's have just left it or been fobbed off by dealers which seems mad. It might only be a small bit of plastic but the car is incomplete without it.

Reaction score
Yeah they are put on at the dealers, lets just hope an apprentice didnt start to put it on then snap it in the process and the dealer didnt say anything hoping you won't notice!

Reaction score
Mine was missing when i went to look at the car a few weeks before I picked it up.

When i questioned them about it, they said it was not a standard part on the Trophy and i had to pay for one. To which i procedded to tell them that if on the day i picked the car up it didnt have one fitted i would request that they fitted one at no charge otherwise I would be in contact with Renault UK to put them right.

LOL day i picked it up suprise suprise the splitter was in place.

There has been a large number of people with the same problem, speak to the dealer and they will sort it out, if all else fails speak to Ren UK and they will kick the dealer up the arse.

Reaction score
I not sure what i should be looking for here. Any chance someone could descibe or even post a pic in order for me to check it is intalled on my car?

Thanks

Nick C

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's the black plastic strip that attaces to the bottom of the bumper:

Attachments

• splitter.jpg
    splitter.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 536
Reaction score
Mine wasn't fitted when I went to pick it up! When I queried it the salesman tried to fob me off about not having one until I produced a picture from here showing the splitter. He soon went and got it from the workshop and a mechanic fitted it there and then! :roll:

Reaction score
Good Old Dealerships cant live with and cant live without them.

Maybe we should start our own dealership soley for RS models.

Reaction score
Nik said:
It's the black plastic strip that attaces to the bottom of the bumper:

Thanks Nick - just checked and mine is there

Nick C

Reaction score
Coming to a grage near me soon...

Dealer has agreed to source and fit the missing splitter.
Have to ring them in a week to make sure they have found/received it.