Reaction score
Cue said:
ahh, i've been replying to some so they remain at the top of the thread list - so it's easier for you..... if you want a pm, what do you want it to say - a link to the thread?

That's fine for the new posts Fraser but for the ones where the cheeky blighters post in old threads, it's easier if I can see it's a spambot that's the last poster.

As for the PM, just the name of the spammer is sufficient as Shabba often does (cheers mate) but the link would be great. Are you sure you wouldn't like Moderator status Cue, you've got more posts than me. Beat me to 2000 I see!

Reaction score
I mod another forum for M Coupes and we have exactly the same issues.

gets on my last nerves :!:

Reaction score
AAAAARRRGGGHH!!!

Spammed to death by the same spambots!

Nik - is there nothing we can do? It's so obvious that they're spambots by all the crap they put into the info boxes (and even their e-mail addresses).

Day

Reaction score
Bump.

Removed 12 posts in the last 20 mins.

Fecker spambot was online as I was deleting them :evil:

Reaction score
Steve said:
As for the PM, just the name of the spammer is sufficient as Shabba often does (cheers mate) but the link would be great.

My pleasure (wave). I'll try t' remember the links next time. :oops:

Reaction score
Just an idea but how about implementing a delayed registration process whereby someones username and details have to be given the green light e.g. approved by the moderators before being allowed to login and post?

I guess this would be dependant on how many people are signing up to the site though - something i'm not aware of. It might seem a bit laborious going back to a manual process but i'm sure it might actually be a better scenario proactively checking the registrations rather than working reactively and continually cleaning up threads and posts.

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Just an idea but how about implementing a delayed registration process whereby someones username and details have to be given the green light e.g. approved by the moderators before being allowed to login and post?

I guess this would be dependant on how many people are signing up to the site though - something i'm not aware of. It might seem a bit laborious going back to a manual process but i'm sure it might actually be a better scenario proactively checking the registrations rather than working reactively and continually cleaning up threads and posts.

I've just suggested this to Nik. I'm not sure whether he can make it so all the mods can approve/deny membership or whether it'd all go through the admin (ie Nik himself). I have a feeling our genuine member signup is somewhat overshadowed by spambots at the moment...

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers mate, i think we've actually just got it sorted now, probably did the same as you.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nik said:
Cheers mate, i think we've actually just got it sorted now, probably did the same as you.

Good news, saturday was a bit of a nightmare. Steve is this what you were talking about?

Reaction score
Havent seen any spamming over the last day or so, seems like its done the trick - did we go back to a manual approval for registration then?