Reaction score
Just came back from a few days in the Isle of Wight.

Took the Trophy (filled with camping stuff) and left the wifes 182 FF at home.

Spend most of the week dodging poor road repairs. Sometimes when it 'appears' perfectly flat that can be even worse.

Makes me think its too hard for carry good speed when the road surface is poor.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd disagree, the rebound performance of the sachs dampers is far superior to that of the FF's dampers. It can be a bit crashy over pot holes (especially with solid top mounts) but the fact you can feel the road is part of the experience - driver involvement.

Reaction score
^^ I hear that - love the Trophy's firm ride, you feel so much more at one with the road than you do with the 182 cup

Reaction score
The Trophy is relatively soft by track or even rally tarmac standards - fine for indifferent roads. For high speed circuit work it rolls too much - stiffer springs/arbs would call for even stiffer dampers. As Cue says the joy of the Sachs dampers is that the bump/rebound characteristics are very well chosen, and within those paramaters their high speed characteritics (absorption of road surface irregularities) and low speed damping (dealing with attitude change, - roll and pitch) are as as good a compormise as you will find on a road car. Personally I have chosen to run the tyres at slightly lower pressures, which does help a bit.

I am spoilt by having a comfortable barge for every day use - does help on long journeys.