Reaction score
Trophy No.
Some little cunt has kindly smashed mine and half the streets wing mirrors over night. The mirror is smashed and also the plastic surround. Have read Quicksilver's post which is almost the exact same situation but had to post to vent my frustration.

The plastic surround appears to be molded red plastic so can I buy one in red straight from Renault? Other posts have talked about spraying which makes me think otherwise.

How is the mirror attached to the motor that electronically moves it? can I just replace the mirror glass or will I need a whole unit?

I feel Violated!! :evil: :evil:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have called around all the breakers and have got a complete unit as a replacement from cit-ren for £43 delivered. Which they say is in good condition and I should have it by monday.

Renault wanted £62 for a painted surround and £23 for the glass mirror and the body would be more still. They couldn't quote me on that as my cars reg came up on their part system as left hand drive...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gazza said:
as my cars reg came up on their part system as left hand drive...

Of course #-o

So basically that would be the best part of £150 for the complete unit, unfitted.

Reaction score
LOL @ Renault with your car coming up as left hand drive - legends!

Feel sympathy for you mate - I know exactly how you feel.. Seems that no matter how nice an area you live in, there's still every chance that a random lowlife may pay a visit..

Reaction score
Correct hoolio - that's what I found when I looked for a replacement.. In the end, it was far cheaper to go through cit-ren, although the unit that they supplied me had some scratches which I initially planned to sort out myself, but subsequently had done along with my bumper respray in the summer..

Reaction score
Sorry to here that matey, I think its just a matter of luck these days. :roll:

I've had the same problem with Renault trying to find things on their computer system. How can they call that customer service! :x

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thought I would post some pics up. Damage could of been a lot worse, I guess and at least there is no scratches on the bodywork.

Think I would still be really angry if it wasn't for this forum.

I'm tempted to make a big card board box to put my car in at night. Those of you who have played metal gear solid will know what im talking about.[attachment=0:3nnadjh7]IMAGE_005.jpg[/attachment:3nnadjh7][attachment=1:3nnadjh7]IMAGE_004.jpg[/attachment:3nnadjh7][attachment=2:3nnadjh7]IMAGE_003.jpg[/attachment:3nnadjh7]

Attachments

• IMAGE_003.jpg
    IMAGE_003.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAGE_004.jpg
    IMAGE_004.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAGE_005.jpg
    IMAGE_005.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Such a bummer, can't believe it actually broke clean in half.

More pics when you fit the new bits will be useful, does the cover just clip onto the body? Also how does the glass fit?

Reaction score
grrr, I just typed out a reply and accidentally closed my browser..!!!

So to answer hoolio's question - it's very simple.

The glass is clamped around a circular baseplate. Removal is simply a case of gradually prising it off - don't be afraid to give it a little force, it comes off eventually. That reveals the inside of the mirror and you will see the clips which hold the cover in place. Get a flat blade screw driver and release them one by one (this part isn't so easy - they'll keep trying to relocate - may need two people). Eventually once they're all free, the cover should just pop off. :D

Shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes, possibly less, to swap the parts onto your original base plate G

In the interim, I cut up a black plastic bag and taped on with black electrical tape, in place of the cover, so as to shield the connectors and wiring from the elements and make it look marginally tidier...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
thanks for the tips rich, am considering just replacing the whole lot depending on how easy that would be. Not sure it sits as well as it used to.

Will get on the case with the black bag mod before I go on the xmas piss up.

Surprised I didn't even consider the m3 style replacement mirrors! :lol: [-X

Reaction score
Trophy No.
(tupw) Something i'm bound to have to do at some point, like everything else it will self inflicted probably :(

Reaction score
Gazza said:
Surprised I didn't even consider the m3 style replacement mirrors! :lol: [-X

*Shudder* (sick)

hoolio said:
like everything else it will self inflicted probably :(
That's what comes of trying to drive the car out of the garage without sitting in it, eh :wink:

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about it, my brother had the same done to his car a couple of months ago together with his wipers ripped off.

Another way to remove the glass is to whack the mirror against a wall :oops: #-o

Reaction score
Some cnut has just kicked mine off :evil:

Snapped clean off and iv'e had to cut the (remaining) wires to stop it dangling.

Any ideas how much reno charge for the full unit? :?

Reaction score
At least £120 I think but if it's your passenger mirror and you can source a cover, I can sell you the black base and mirror housing.. Actually not sure whether the glass on my spare is broken or not. Let me know...

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
At least £120 I think but if it's your passenger mirror and you can source a cover, I can sell you the black base and mirror housing.. Actually not sure whether the glass on my spare is broken or not. Let me know...

Cheers for the offer. Going to have to go to reno though because the wires are broke and shit :evil:

Reaction score
Mine got pushed in by a passing pensioner in a Corsa in the middle of the road last weekend. Silly old sod. Glass fell out and dangled by the electric wires, so I just pushed it back on while driving, lol. All there is to show for it now is a little scuff which has a date with some T-Cut tomorrow pm.

Reaction score
Try cit-ren (think there on ebay) as I think there breaking the recent trophy that was written off