SITE OUTAGE - ClioTrophy is moving to a new home!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
As you've all had to put up with over the last year, the hosting for this site is continually suffering from poor performance, slow page loading and regular errors. I've finally got to a point where i feel it's no longer acceptable so i have invested in a new hosting package which should hopefully prove more reliable and perform better.

This means that over the next few days there may be periods where the website is unavailable as I carry out the move. I will try to keep any outages to a minimum, but the nature of moving the data means the forum will need to be closed while it is being carried out.

Thanks to all of you who have purchased stickers and keyrings from the shop. Although each item makes only a tiny profit, they do contribute to at least some of the costs of running the site. Please continue to support the site like this and i hope to add a new range of additional products in the new year.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas,

Nik
xmas_icon_wink.gif

ClioTrophy Founder

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This might seem/probably is sucking a*se a bit, but i for one appreciate the site and the time, not to say the money, you put in.

=D> =D> =D>

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks all, much appreciated :D

Reaction score
Absolutely! The friendliest, most reasonable, full of good chaps and chapettes, Renault site out there! =D> :D

Reaction score
Nik, your time, energies and funds are very much appreciated. A huge thank you for keeping the most friendly rs forum up and running.

I wonder if perhaps we could all contribute a little something to help out???

Reaction score
Somewhere on the roads in North Yorkshire
Hi Nik and all
The site is very good, I have only been on a short time. Everyone is helpful and friendly which is really useful when discussing our pride and joy :D

Anyhow another site I frequent (a football site) runs on what looks like a similar set up. The site admin chap set up several things that can help contribute considerably to the site running costs, some are contributions via members and others by other sources, a list is below:

1) Set up a PayPal system so people can make donations of any value
2) A member requests bank details by Private Message and then sets up a Standing Order, most people send a quid or two a month, not much it may seem but a few doing it adds up and members hardly notice the cost.
3) You can get banners for companies such as Amazon which go at the bottom of the page, costs nothing to set up and every time someone on this site uses that banner link and subsequently makes a purchase, Amazon (or whoever it is for) makes a percentage donation to this site. The banner on the football site is very small and as long as members remember to use it can be a nice little earner (£230 this year I believe) so perhaps something like Amazon, Ebay, K-Tec would be good?? It costs the site or members nothing extra.

If you need any further details give me a shout and I can show or refer you to the site in question.

Cheers

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ok, looks like we are all back up and running on the new hosting.

Please let me know if you see any problems with the forum.

Hopefully you should all find it faster and more reliable!
xmas_icon_wink.gif