SELLING #103 - Valuation advice.

Reaction score
Considering selling my Trophy 103. Have had some local interest. Could anyone assist with what they think is a realistic value.

- Mileage 40K
- One previous owner before myself (I brought it on 9K) - Ive had it 10 Years.
- Full service history with a Renault technician.
- Shocks re-built 250miles ago.
- Overall excellent condition
- Images attachedIMG_2432.JPGIMG_2421.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
Reaction score
You will sell that easily, don't do what a few have done on here and under price it only to get a dealer come along and put 2 grand across it. 40k is nice miles, there are a lot of people who will buy it on that alone. You need to be pocketing over £8500 for it Ian

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Definitely around the £9K plus mark....
Looks nice...
There a rare beast with low miles and low owners....

Reaction score
Really depends how quickly you want/need the cash. As others have said it will be the lowest/lowest sold in a while. So you can pretty much set the market if your in no rush. As usual it also depends on actual condition and actual service history. All trophies should be on their third timing belt for "perfect service history". That however is often overlooked on low miles cars.
I viewed a really low miles 1 owner 172 cup the other day. Nice car but not tidy enough and a very on off service history and no mot for 3 years. Probbaly the lowest miles mk2 renault sport in the country at the minute. Wasnt going to set any sale records though.

Reaction score
Thank you for all replies and emails. The car currently is in a lock up where I store it and will be looking into sale in the next month or so when i move units. Its been 5 years this month on the timing belt (only 8k since the last) so need to organise that with Renault.
Thanks again

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just out of interest how old are the tyres on the car.?
Who did the Sachs rebuild.?
To get "top" money, itl need to be mint... ie front splitter fitted, steering wheel sorted, [it looks a bit melted ], decent , reasonable age tyres, etc etc...[ That's from what I can see with the limited pics] ...
Regarding the timing/aux belts, try a good indie, as you might get "spanked" at Renault...

PLEASE don't think im being picky, just thinking as a buyer...

I hope you get good money for it, you should as there a rare thing...

Reaction score
I'm not so sure Dave, things like the tyres and steering wheel are a bonus if they are good but I wouldn't say they reduce the value of the car if they are not. The value in the car as I see it is body condition and interior condition (these can cost a fortune if not right) and obviously service history. Then the mileage and owners add a premium to the value. It is a fact that many potential buyers are looking for a low mileage car so supply and demand rules pricing there.
If someone Is wanting a low mileage low owner car they will I suggest live with things like tyres and other bits as they are easily sorted and any potential seller would be daft to start reducing price just because of that, I certainly wouldn't.

Reaction score
Really depends how quickly you want/need the cash. As others have said it will be the lowest/lowest sold in a while. So you can pretty much set the market if your in no rush. As usual it also depends on actual condition and actual service history. All trophies should be on their third timing belt for "perfect service history". That however is often overlooked on low miles cars.
I viewed a really low miles 1 owner 172 cup the other day. Nice car but not tidy enough and a very on off service history and no mot for 3 years. Probbaly the lowest miles mk2 renault sport in the country at the minute. Wasnt going to set any sale records though.

Was that the one the guy was selling over in Cheshire, the one with the loony exhaust and bucket seats at £4500. I nearly went to look at it but seemed strong money for a modified car. A real bonus being a one owner and very low mileage but I got the impression he hadn't really pampered it during his ownership

Reaction score
I bid £8k and a high-ball old-fashioned. No cherry ;-)

Seriously though, good luck with the sale it could command as much as 5 figures to the right buyer as there are not many for sale and few with under 60k miles / kept indoors etc.. The "market" dictates the price - the market being how much one or more punters are willing to part with for something.

I'm probably looking at something a little more leggy that I wouldn't feel guilty using!

Reaction score
is that a cossie? Isnt it missing a big bit that makes the rear window pointless.

:wink:

jocking aside...Nice to see one thats not got a gutter hanging off the back

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a proper unmollested Cossie mate. Luckily the aerodynamics were spot on with the Sapphire's so there was no need to put a massive wing on the back of it lol.

Funds are needed for an extension so at some point I'm selling the Cossie and buying a slightly cheaper Trophy. It free up circa £5k to help towards the extension whilst giving me another nice car to cherish.