Reaction score
Got the shock of my life this evening when I was pulled over by an old X reg Mondeo which was fully video equipped (undercover, driven by officers wearing civilian clothes and holsters holding guns).

I was pulled over in a 30 zone, read my rights and advised that everything was on camera. I advised that it was my first time ever being pulled over in 7 years of driving and then I was cautioned and advised that had it been a fully marked car I would not have been so lucky.

I was well and truly shocked... but I should not have been. Only three weeks ago I saw a V reg Vectra that had pulled someone over.

I fully subscribe to this method of policing... it is far more effective than having speed cameras and really achieves what it is set out to do: stop people speeding albeit not in an indiscriminate or haphazard way.

If I ever see the man/woman in a supermarket off duty I will offer to buy them a coffee... Grande.

Be careful out there (and not just to avoid getting caught).

O.

Reaction score
For the record, known unmarked cars in Dorset include a 51 registered silver BMW 5 series, and a dark grey Vauxhall Omega reg VO02 ODV (I think), which has a letterbox sized hole next to the rear numberplate....

hyb

Reaction score
Also a dark red Omega, and what really suprised me, a 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier, rust all over it. Saw it parked up outside a school with 2 uniformed cops in!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
they run loads, old, new. Very well maintained - they get checked everyday. Nottinghamshire has/had a '02 Micra in green I seem to remember

Reaction score
yeah wiltshire has two new accords one silver one black, like cue said they are well maintained.

Reaction score
I got pulled over as i swung up onto my drive. He was in a Vectra. Did me for no seatbelt. Wanted to do me for speeding but no vid equipment. I agree the undercover cars work well. Seen a lovel Range Rover Sport in Essex, its gold with two officers in it. Years ago saw a Lotus Carlton with two cops in it.

Reaction score
its a nice police state we live in, now if they put more effort into real police work they might get the crime figures down insted of pissing of drivers which are an easy target.

Reaction score
MrD06 said:
insted of pissing of drivers which are an easy target.

So are pedestriants that get hit by speeding cars :evil:

Perhaps you didn't read my post properly. I didn't get fined; I was cautioned. :roll:

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
MrD06 said:
insted of pissing of drivers which are an easy target.

So are pedestriants that get hit by speeding cars :evil:

Perhaps you didn't read my post properly. I didn't get fined; I was cautioned. :roll:

O.

It's not speed that kills - its bad driving. Young people tend to have more accidents not because they all speed but because they are inexperienced and don't know how to properly control cars under different road conditions. Driving too fast for the road conditions is not the fault of speed but driver inexperience.

Reaction score
Speed is a factor in all road accidents, the speed of the vehicles involved will ultimately determine the severity of the accident, so by simply clamping down on speeding, the authorities are, in their view, attacking the root cause of road fatalities. But they are wrong in doing this, For a start, speed doesn't kill, deacceleration kills, whether that be deaccelerating from 70mph to -30mph in a tenth of a second with the aid of an oncoming lorry or from 40mph to 0mph with the aid of a tree. The primary reason for the deployment of safety cameras was to save money but is now to make money. If the government really thought speeding was the primary cause of road deaths and if it was stopped, no-one would die why have they not banned the production or use of vehicles that can exceed the speed limit altogether? Why is it I am able to purchase a new car for £15,500 that will exceed the national speed limit from a standstill in 8 or 9 seconds? Because, they wouldn't make any money then, from the revenue generated by the automobile industry and road tax etc. more than speed fines themselves (almost negligable). And so the western automobile hypocrisy will continue, because we're still going to want to have fun in our cars (which can sometimes mean we are travelling quite fast, mostly around corners) and the Government is still going to need to generate revenue and appear to care about the safety of it's electorate.
One thing I'll never do is blame the Police, my parents are police officers, and knowing that most of them are human beings, helps in the understanding that they are just enforcing the law of the land and are a damned sight less indiscriminent than Gatso's.

Reaction score
There is a Grey Octavia vRS on the M6 around Stafford and a freelander in Stafford / Stoke that rolls about the countryside.

/y0z

Reaction score
This is great, let's start a NOC list of every unmarked traffic car in the Country, I'll get a list of all the Sussex ones, I know of about 10 that just do Worthing. Trouble is, we'll be so busy looking out for any one of about 500 cars we'll forget to enjoy driving...

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
Your avatar isn't one, is it Steve?

It certainly is, you'll see it doing the rounds in San Francisco, went in for repairs recently (1970) to fix a broken front axle. It'll hit 60 in under 7 seconds and roll on to 120, so if you're on your toes, you'll out-run it, especially as it doesn't really go around corners, trouble is, it looks and sounds so damned good you'll be slowing down just to see and hear it. :lol: