Reaction score
Hi all,

I don't post much on here, but I thought there would be a higher number of Orbisoud exhaust owners here than on CS. I'm after a bit of feedback on the exhaust systems. I've had mine on the car for quite a few months and considering the price of the system I've got to admit I was expecting a little more.

I've got the loud version and whilst it sounds fantastic when pushing on, it has got a rather strange noise between 3000-3500rpm, it's like an internal rattle from somewhere within the system. My original suspicion was the lambda sensor wire on the heatshield nearest the cat, but I've fixed that issue and the rattle is still there. Does anyone else with this exhaust experience this?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine sometimes knocks at pre stall revs but I wouldn't say that sounds like your problem. I have had the rear heat guard removed though.

Reaction score
I've checked the heatshield above the backbox and nothing seems to be moving about. I did think about removing it to be sure, but thought there may be negative effects.

Hoolio - how long have you been running without it?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I've been running one for a couple of months and my lambda probe was hitting the head shield so i cut a bigger hole in that. Job Done! :D

Its also knocking against the cut outs in the bumper every now and then.

Reaction score
The other things to check are joins in the exhaust. One of mine between the manifold and the cat was working loose creating an annoying little rattle too.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Inferno, it was taken off when i had the orb fitted but i don't think it has anything to do with your problem there is lots of space back there though you could check the exhaust lugs/supports, my noise seems to come from the area under the gearstick, i've been underneath but all seems very solid but obviously not been there when the engine has been reving to see how it get pulled around by the engine.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They are, but there's no accounting for fitting or the idiot on the other end of the pedal who never uses enough revs to reverse. :)

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
hoolio said:
Inferno, it was taken off when i had the orb fitted but i don't think it has anything to do with your problem there is lots of space back there though you could check the exhaust lugs/supports, my noise seems to come from the area under the gearstick, i've been underneath but all seems very solid but obviously not been there when the engine has been reving to see how it get pulled around by the engine.

That sounds like the same as me. I cut a larger hole in the heat sheilds and it was perfect.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Do you mean you cut away the end where it comes down from the manifold? Like I said I'm not too bothered as it only seems to knock sometimes when I reverse or when I really throw it around.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Nope. there is a small heat shield that you can remove under the car which exposes the gear linkage. I then bend and cut this slightly to make it fit better. I also found that this was knocking when reversing with low revs. Check the end of the lambda isn't knocking the heat shield slightly when the exhaust moves.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Fairly certain we are talking the same, got some pica on the pc I'll have a look tomorrow but that sounds spot on.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Ill see if i can get a picture of mine now. doesnt rattle there anymore even if i am lazy with the revs! :roll:

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Still not sure on the 3k ish rattle and it's deffinately not down to the lambda sensor wire as that's been sorted. I'm not too worried about it as another louder, more serious rattle has started around 2k!

On the plus side, I've identified the 2k rattle as the rear heatshield resonating against the boot floor where the spare wheel holder has been fitted. I'll get under the car as soon as it's dry to sort it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Renaultsport said:
Ill see if i can get a picture of mine now. doesnt rattle there anymore even if i am lazy with the revs! :roll:

RS, did you have any joy with these, mine seems to have got a little worse :evil:

BTW, from the looks of your avatar you've got a really sh*t cameraphone :wink:

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
Its no the tail pipe hitting the bumper cut out is it?

I thought that might be it at first, but after having a friend listen behind the car it doesn't appear to be the case. Always difficult to tell with these things, but the noise seems to be loudest from inside the car. Only one way to know for sure, under the car tomorrow!