Capsicum Red Dash, Knob and Steering Wheel

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, But dont do the handbrake button

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Right I have a spare set of dash inserts and trying to get hold of a spare gear knob insert and the steering insert.

Was just wondering what you lot thought about this.

Attachments

• RED TROPHY copy.jpg
    RED TROPHY copy.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 632
Reaction score
Well I was looking at a load of V6 Pics and noticed that they all have colour coded dash parts, as does the Clio 172 cup, so I may have a play with a can of paint and some lacquer.

Was also thinking of getting a sign writer to sort out "CLIO TROPHY 047/500" as you see on the plaque, but have this in smallish writing on the passanger dash insert.

Reaction score
IMHO the plastic already looks bad. Painting it makes the bad plastic show up even more. At least if it is silver it implies it could be cheap aluminium, but in red it can only be cheap plastic. Why show up a cheap plastic insert?

Also there is nothing else red in the car - it is a bit bright and could be a bit of a distraction contrasting against an otherwise black interior. Definately a MAX power mod (home made and it looks like it - a manufacturer would never do it) in my book but that is just my opinion (and you did ask for it... ;) )

Happy spray painting!

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Ollie I appriecate your opinion.

Thing is all of the V6 ph2 had colour coded dash inserts thats partly the reason why I like the idea.

Reaction score
Nah, dont like it. The Idea of having "clio trophy no.... on the dash insert is good.

PS, Give your trainers a clean :) :lol:

Reaction score
SteveC said:
Ollie I appriecate your opinion.

Thing is all of the V6 ph2 had colour coded dash inserts thats partly the reason why I like the idea.

Ah, I didn't realise that. So a red V6 has red dash inserts? Interesting.

I did think of one car that has a similar theme and that is the Fiat Coupe - but that is a much more natural progression of external paint to internal metal with paint (implying it is part of the body work of the car).

I do like the idea of the number on the insert though :)

O.

Reaction score
A V6 is a V6 and a Trophy is a Trophy. It's the thin end of the wedge, next thing you know Trophys will be 'Max Powered'. But it's your car and you might like it. If it came in PX I'd probably have a fit and start thinking how much and how much ag to put it right again.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Still undecided on this, don't think it helps that that red looks a little leary. Always thought it would be nice to have the number elsewhere on the car though not sure where :?

Don't think i shall be doing this.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
I did dash inserts & have since had st wheel & gear knob done, think the st wheel & gear knob is a step too far.

After much thote i feel the same, the dash inserts are nice but i would also leave the steering wheel and gear knob! IMO i think there needs to be a bit os silver left due to the silver pedals, but thts just my opinion!

Reaction score
i'd do it but not the handbrake.

on the left dash insert I have the renault sport logo and the trophy graphic in the correct font too all in white stickers...i really like it.

believe me when i say the red looks better in real life!