Reaction score
Just ordered some rear discs from Reanult at Slough, doing them for the price Power Ranger stated, £114.71 including the vat.
Job done

Reaction score
Hi,
I have no. 272 and I'd like to replace the rear discs and pads and was wondering what the best option was?
I'd like to keep standard, does anyone know if the £99.80 from Renault price is still valid?
Or are there parts if equal quality available from GSF/ECP etc for a bit less?
Would rather stick to genuine and pay a bit more.
Thanks
Andrew

Reaction score
thanks cue.
Anyone know price difference between OE pads and those you recommend (as well as whether the £99.80 discs are still available from Renault (bump!)?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Discs are still available at Renault at that price as I called them up last week. The standard pads are about £49 and modified around £80 I think, I haven't bothered upgrading my rears as I don't think its worthwhile.

http://www.jmstuning.co.uk
Are doing discs and pads for £135 posted or £155 fitted. Which is easily the best deal around, fitted mine on saturday saving me about £65 on what the dealer quoted me(did take me all day as I pissed around polishing my wheels :oops: )

Reaction score
£99? That's a bargain!

I'm going to get mine changed whilst they remain at that price.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I bought some at the weekend, after calling a few dealers they were all the same price of £99.75 + VAT for discs and £43.41 + VAT for pads.

Tried the dealer in Winchester (Martins I think) and they quoted those prices but just as I was about to put the phone down he said he would do 20% off those prices. RESULT!

:D

Fitted them Saturday and all is good. I thought I would stay with OEM parts as the rears don't seem to do anything other then rust.

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
Fitted them Saturday and all is good. I thought I would stay with OEM parts as the rears don't seem to do anything other then rust.

You're absolutely right! Mine just look aweful and I was convinced they would cause my car to fail its M.O.T. Unfortuately my front brakes failed me instead.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Rexina182 said:
Renaultsport said:

You're absolutely right! Mine just look aweful and I was convinced they would cause my car to fail its M.O.T. Unfortuately my front brakes failed me instead.

Exact same thing happened to me 2 months ago. MOT station called to say it failed on, and I said "rear brakes" and then said no, fronts... All well, the T now has new anchors all round! :twisted:

Reaction score
I was talking to a guy the other day and he used to work at an MOT testing place and he said that they always had problems with testing the rears on clios as the biasing was different on different cars so they could get an accurate result, so some cars may have been failed when they were perfectly fine? Something like that anyway

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam_K said:
I was talking to a guy the other day and he used to work at an MOT testing place and he said that they always had problems with testing the rears on clios as the biasing was different on different cars so they could get an accurate result, so some cars may have been failed when they were perfectly fine? Something like that anyway

I had a similar discussion with my main dealer. He told me when the 172 came out it always failed the MOT due to the brake biased being 80% front 20% rear. So in the end they had to change the regulations for the car. Normally he said there is some adjustment front and rear which surprised me but he says there is none on 172/182.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I remeber when I had my 172 Cup it would have failed, but Renault released a document that you could take to the MOT center which explained about the brake bias and they would pass it.

Reaction score
I need to replace my rear discs soon and have been looking around for replacements and used suggestions I've seen on the forum. I've noticed that the discs I've seen have bearings pressed in or offer bearings separately. Do you have to replace the bearing? Is the bearing housing part of the disc? is it a complete unit? or can you buy discs that you don't have to change / touch the bearing?

If I don't have to change the bearing and can just replace the discs can anyone suggest a brand / part no to go for?

If I do have to change the bearing as a complete unit what brand would be good to buy? I'm not really bothered about buying a really expensive set as my Trophy only sees the road!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
All the info is here to be honest. :?

You want to get discs with bearing installed, otherwise you will have to press the bearing yourself.

Get yourself to your Renault dealer. £114 for discs with bearing and abs ring . £50 for pads.
8)