Reaction score
Hello all,

Just registered with the forum to do a little research on the Trophy. I currently need to free up a little cash for a new house so need to sell my car. I love driving and trackdays so want something fun and exciting to park in the garage for when the mood takes me.

I don't do many miles a year (sub 4K) but when i do i want them to be fun :)...this is where the Trophy comes in!

I think it would make a great long term prospect to have one snuggled up in the garage as well as being able to start it up and blat it down country roads or the track.

Now here's my issue, I have never even seen one let alone driven one......are there any owners close to the Dundee area in Scotland who would maybe let an eager chap have a nose around their car?

Anyway, I'll be off to read up all the road tests and information I can find.

All the best

-Mark.

Reaction score
Out of interest what do you drive now? Might give us an indication on how the Trophy compares. I use mine for country lane blasts and can safely say there's nothing in this price range I'd rather be in. Not done a track day but someone will pop up who has. I came from a renaultsport megane, and the Trophy is much more fun, quicker round the back roads. More like a go kart than a car, not molly coddled like a new car with the solid feel, more raw

Reaction score
If I had mine Sir I would be more than happy to give you a shot. Good luck and let us know how you get on. You will not look back, trust me.

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

This is my current steed:

3934974881_06aeaae429_o.jpg

I love it to bits but me and the Mrs are stretching ourselves fairly thin with the new house so any spare money would be a bonus.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you'll find the trophy to be more chuckable and fun than the RX. The engine's delivery is so different it's difficult to give you an insight, plus with the RX being RWD it's a different feel, but from memory they suffer from a bit more understeer than a trophy.

The damping isn't as well honed either. I hope this helps.

Pace wise they don't feel much different but i think the T is a bit quicker.

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the input.

My RX is a Prodrive edition which has different from stock dampers and springs which are track biased. It really is spot on for track but a bit crashy on roads.

Just really want to get in a Trophy and see what all the fuss is about :mrgreen:

Reaction score
MarkR said:
Great, thanks for the input.

My RX is a Prodrive edition which has different from stock dampers and springs which are track biased. It really is spot on for track but a bit crashy on roads.

Just really want to get in a Trophy and see what all the fuss is about :mrgreen:

Best thing, get in one and see for yourself. I've never driven a RX8, but my friend's been looking at some pz's and taken some out. Then he came up from London for a play in my Trophy and guess which one he wants now :wink:

Don't want to sway any decissions, but after I drove one I sold up and got it straight away :D

Reaction score
Easier said than done!

I did a ring around of all garages in the area this lunch time and cant get hold of one for love nor money to test drive!

I sent a chap a mail who is selling a trophy on PH over in Fife (about 30 miles away from me) explaining my situation and asking if I could go and have a look at his but haven't heard back yet, so fingers crossed for that.

All the best

Mark.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It may be worth pming phillip.steven as he has the only one that I know of on the forum up in Aberdeen, not exactly close but at least the same coast.

Reaction score
My personal preference would be a Lotus Elise S1. Its great on fuel, rear wheel drive, better on track, could pick one up for £10K. I don't know if this is too much. But if you become flush again, you could do a honda V-TEC conversion for £10-15K, and no one would be able to touch you anywhere. Probably the best car in the world. Check out Lotus On Track, good friends of mine, really great community. :)

Reaction score
Done the Lotus thing already. I had a VX220 a couple of years back. Loved it when I was in the mood, a right pita at all other times! Here's a pic of my old one 8)

DSC_5332_resize.jpg

Thanks for the info about the chap in Aberdeen, will give him a PM and see if he is ever down this way :D