Reaction score
Sadly, due to personal circumstance No 435 is now for sale.

Picture007-1.jpg

It has done 38 200 miles and is in lovely condition, with 5 months MOT and 6 months road tax.

Picture009-1.jpg

Good bits:

full service history, with auxiliary belt done at 32 000
front dampers refurbed and professionally unpinned 2000 miles ago
four new Hankook RS-2 tyres fitted 2000 miles ago
optional MF spring set and rear damper (revalved Koni) suspension modification fitted 2000 miles ago
camber bolts and -1.30 degrees negative camber on front
Goodriche braided brake lines
in other regards this car is completely original
both front balljoints replaced 2000 miles ago

Always serviced with Silkolene synthetics and more frequently than scheduled

Bad bits:

Has picked up a chipped driver side door edge (thank you wife)
Picture004-1.jpg

The front splitter has seen better days
I will leave it up to the new owner to decide whether to replace, fit a carbon one, or just soldier on with this one
Picture003-1.jpg

chipped windscreen (has passed MOT like this)
Picture017-1.jpg

Front brake pads and discs will need replacing soon

Pricing:

The car can be sold as is for £7,100.

I can remove the MF suspension mods and put the car on original suspension for £6,800.

Or I can have the car serviced, put new brake pads and discs on the front, get the cambelt service done and put on 12 months MOT for peace of mind at £7,600 with MF suspension and £7,300 on standard suspension.

Thanks for looking.

Reaction score
Now due to a much happier change in personal circumstance no longer for sale. Yipee :D :D :D

Reaction score
Great news :).
I nearly sold my motorbike last yeat when things were very tight. I would have been absolutely gutted!
How are you finding the hankooks?

Reaction score
The RS-2's make for a great road tyre, bit grippier than PE2 in the dry, a bit less grippy in the wet. On track they do tend to lose the grip once they exceed optimal temperature - about 2/3 of the way round the ring for example. They are also a bit noisier than PE2. On balance I will probably go back to PE2 next, unless something else comes along, or I find RS-2's at a better price. Last time I got mine for only about £10 less per corner than PE2. A one sentence summary would be that they are very close, but not quite there, to be a PE2 replacement.

Luke335 said:
Great news :).
I nearly sold my motorbike last yeat when things were very tight. I would have been absolutely gutted!
How are you finding the hankooks?

Reaction score
That's a shame. I was expecting them to be ideal for driving to the ring or an evening on track without changing the wheels. Are the sidewalls stiff enough to stop the shoulders from getting warn out on track? A guy at work recently put them on his integra and said they were much softer than the bridgestones that were the original tyre.
Would have been a good choice when they were £65 I suppose. Thanks for the comments.

Reaction score
nowhere near as stiff as the Potenza RE070 which I think is the OEM fit on the Integra's. I had them on my Scooby Wagon, and they made a great road/track compromise tyre. RS-2, as you say are a great budget tyre, if you can get them at the budget price. TBH they are only a smidgeon worse than PE2, but if they only cost a smidgeon less, then it's not so great is it?

Luke335 said:
That's a shame. I was expecting them to be ideal for driving to the ring or an evening on track without changing the wheels. Are the sidewalls stiff enough to stop the shoulders from getting warn out on track? A guy at work recently put them on his integra and said they were much softer than the bridgestones that were the original tyre.
Would have been a good choice when they were £65 I suppose. Thanks for the comments.

Reaction score
Cracking review on the tyres. Glad I read the thread.

Reaction score
Almost identical to mine, and I'm considering selling or p/x-ing mine for a tow vehicle, suitable for towing motorbikes and at some stage a caterham. Can't decide what though.