Reaction score
£2.5k for a Cat D with a buggered rear wing & fudged axle judging by the angle of the drivers side rear wheel!

No thanks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If that needs a new shell (can you buy rear quarter panel skins?) it's difficult to see how anyone could make any kind economically viable repair to that. Even selling for spares will require a lot of work for not much gain.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i supose for the front dampers, seats, rear v6 wing and 3 turinis you'd be looking at £1600, £700 for the engine maybe on top? plus bits n' bobs, you'd be looking at just over break even including labour.

is1

Reaction score
Perhaps the heat of the auction got the better of them. We've all done it.

Reaction score
This will be the auction related to the guy that was asking us all about whether he should take the insurers offer, repair the Cat D himself, or break it for parts. If I remember correctly he was very disappointed by the offer from the insurers. Looks like he took it in the end. Can't remember the name of the post.

I'd agree with the evaluations above. If it needs a new shell it's not worth doing unless it will be re-shelled for a rally or track car. Even if it only needs a rear quarter skin (which it looks like it needs more than judging by depth of dent) it'll drive a bit shonky IMO forever more.

I like the way the loss adjuster has even circled the stone chips on the bonnet for a full assessment.