Reaction score
Hi all, I had 218 for just over a week and enjoying every moment of it. I had a Clio 172 previously a few years ago so have an idea of Clio ownership. In between then an now had an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro and a BMW325i but needed something smaller and a little cheaper to run and of course to have FUN in, but missing the German build quality and engineering. Theres an ITG open induction kit fitted to it at the moment, its not my bag, so I plan to restore it back to the oem airbox. So if anyone is interested I will getting rid of it when I've fitted the standard airbox. Mods so far are silvervision bulbs all round.

Just incase you don't know what the Trophy looks like heres a couple of pics ;)

Attachments

• Trophy3.jpg
    Trophy3.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Trophy2.jpg
    Trophy2.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 238
  • trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 237
Reaction score
welcome to the site mate and congrats on a great buy. your find yourself taking the long route everywhere now! :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i have never seen that induction kit before, ever. I thought ITG only did a panel filter or the Maxogen, I can only assume this has been adapted from another mft.

Welcome, if you can post up in the owners register under the topic title of 218 you'll be an official member of the Trophy Owners Club :p

When you get used to the limits of the Trophy, the 325 will be a distant memory. It's a lot quicker for a start and will corner around 5-10% better than the beemer.

Reaction score
I think its an "ITG Turbo Filter". I seems to be a universal item that has been adapted to fit the Clio with the use of blue Samco reducer hose. Not sure of the size of the filter though but its BIG and LOUD! When I do come to sell it, I'll include the whole filter and the hoses up to the throttle housing. I have a new Samco hose for the standard airbox just waiting to be fitted!

The BMW was a great car and beautifully engineered and not too far off performance wise, but couldn't justify it for what it was being used for. So wanted something smaller, there's something about having an unfeasibly fast small car........and I am finding I am taking the long route home quite often!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i know the feeling, i bought the trophy for the misses, after driving it back from the dealers i decided to keep it myself and sell my 330Ci.

The only way the bmw was better imo was on the motorway, cruising was it's forte.

Reaction score
Well, I've now removed the induction kit and put back in the standard airbox. The only mod is a new samco hose from the airbox to the throttle housing and a new hose (k&n) to replace the original crushed hose of the lower inlet. But not before a number of timed runs up to a ton before and after. With the standard airbox, I am on average a second quicker than with the induction kit. Being symapathetic to the clutch with a gentle start I get to the ton in just over 17 secs. I will try it again, perhaps later this weekend, without the acoustic valve.

NB. Tested on a private road ;)