S4M

Reaction score
Hi There

As the new owner of "steves" old trophy i wanted to ask a few questions ..

1. Is it worth removing the acoustic valve ?

2. Does a Decat have a dramatic increase in noise and will the decat pipe that ktec sell work with the standard back box

3. Does everyone stay with the Pilot EXALTO PE2's or is there a more favoured tyres

4. Since picking the car up there seems to be a reallly loud whining noise coming from the front of the car under acceleration and im not sure if i need to get it looked at. When i drive past a friend on the motorway apprentley thats all he can here :\

Cheers folks

Sam

S4M

Reaction score
Oh and my suspension has the "pin removal mod " but is currentley on standard settings

Is it worth playing with it or is it best set at normal ? how do you adjust them so they are all the same is it just a case of a certain amount of turns ....

And does this meen i no longer have any warrenty

Cheers

Reaction score
S4M said:
Oh and my suspension has the "pin removal mod " but is currentley on standard settings

Is it worth playing with it or is it best set at normal ? how do you adjust them so they are all the same is it just a case of a certain amount of turns ....

And does this meen i no longer have any warrenty

Cheers

There are approx 44 clicks on the Sach dampers, turn the dial anti-clock wise to soften them - clock wise for firming.

Reaction score
Acoustic Valve - you won't notice any gains until you get some other breathing improvements on there and get them all mapped up

Decat - Hardly makes any difference in noise and fits to original backbox fine, I had mine like that until I bought my Janspeed, DeCat seemed to get rid of the 4 - 5k flat spot that my car had

Exalto's - Very good tyre, theres no denying that, but there may be equal or better out there. Exaltos loose their grip so badly as they wear

Welcome to the club 8)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i thought Steve had removed the accoustic valve from #298, this may be the increased noise under acceleration that you're hearing.

Decat - you'll struggle with insurance.

Exalto's are widely regarded as te best tyre for the Trophy, especialyy in the wet.

Think that covers everything.

Reaction score
Hi Sam,

I used PE2's on both my 172 Ph1 and they are really excellent. Cutting corners causes impressive lateral g-forces and their grip is almost unfailing. Their lifetime depends on how much you will push them to the limits but generally ok. And I agree with Cue, it is no reason to be afraid of rain. They will keep you on the road :wink: .