Reaction score
Spent this morning installing my new Pioneer PEH-P55BT bluetooth head unit and CD-iB100 iPOD adaptor. This is a brand new unit from Pioneer, so new its not even listed on the UK Pioneer website yet! You can find the full spec on the European website here.

I went for this as you can connect both the steering wheel control stalk and ipod at the same time. Something I found out you can't do with any Becker units. Plus it had Bluetooth hands free and the option to change both the screen & button colours to match your cars interior. You can even get the screen display colour to change when the phone rings.

Installation went smoothly apart from my Incartec 29-800 being a dud - will have to send it back on Monday for a replacement.

The hands-free phone connection works very well, even better than the BMW system fitted on my old motor.

Sound quality is excellent through my new Rainbow speakers, and having full access to my ipod nano is just ace!

Here are some pics;

TROPHYSTEREO1.jpg
IpodNano4GB.jpg
HandsFreeMicrophone.jpg
PioneerDEH-P55BT.jpg

7MAT

Reaction score
Sweet install.

Look forward to checking it out. Fancy going to the Bluewater meet tomorrow?

:D

Reaction score
Spoke to Incartec this morning and it would appear that there is a small bug with the system.

When you reconnect the battery the can bus system looks for the original Renault stereo.

This means that I will have to reconnect the Renault head-unit & punch in the code to get the can bus system up and running before installing the Incartec 29-800 as I disconnected the battery during the install!

Wish I knew about this earlier!

7MAT

Reaction score
i wana see/hear one of these installs when i finally meet some of you

felix

hyb

Reaction score
Top choice, looks 100x nicer then the becker you were looking at.

How much did it set you back?

Reaction score
Hi matt

Unit looks excellent. When's your next next Brans Hatch outing on track?

NIck C

Reaction score
hyb said:
Top choice, looks 100x nicer then the becker you were looking at.

How much did it set you back?

Well I think it was a bit of a bargain (especially compared to the Becker) at £249 for both the Pioneer head-unit and ipod adaptor.

Got the incartec stalk adaptor working this morning also!

Reaction score
Nick C said:
Hi matt

Unit looks excellent. When's your next next Brans Hatch outing on track?

NIck C

Hi Nick

I'm thinking about booking up for the Reanultsport trackday there on the 21st August, just need to sort out when I'm going away on holiday first.

I'm also thinking about going to Abbeyville in May with easytrack.

7MAT

Reaction score
did you fit all of that without taking the top of the dashboard out!?!?

I found it's very tight for space and I'm using one of the new Alpine units that plugs straight into the iPod without and adapter box....

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
did you fit all of that without taking the top of the dashboard out!?!?

I found it's very tight for space and I'm using one of the new Alpine units that plugs straight into the iPod without and adapter box....

No I didn't need to remove the dash, in the end I just removed the panel with the hazzard button above the radio slot. This way I found I could move the wires out of the way as I slotted the head unit in. The incartec adaptor sits on top of the stereo behind this panel.

The Pioneer iPOD adaptor box is located under the dash.

Reaction score
Before I did my install a friend said "you'll have loads of room under the dash....". I took the top of and his idea of loads and mine are very different!!

Reaction score
Before I did my install a friend said "you'll have loads of room under the dash....". I took the top of and his idea of loads and mine are very different!!

Reaction score
I like the sound of the adaptor working. I was hoping Alpine would get theirs out for the last mk II Clios, but it looks like a lost cause :roll: The new Alpine with the direct input for pod is only £165 if you shop round.