Reaction score
Hi,

Just got back from the garage the exhaust was blowing a little and i was shocked to find out the RS192 has cracked at the box coming out of the Cat.

Chaps in the garage advised would need a new one.

I don't fancy another Scorpion, anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Reaction score
One of the mechanics mentioned i could get it welded, but would need to find fabricator who welds stainless steel.

I bought the exhaust about 3 years ago from the 192 website, but like everything i ever buy i didn't keep the receipt. I was going to email Scorpion just to try my luck.

Reaction score
One of the mechanics mentioned i could get it welded, but would need to find fabricator who welds stainless steel.

I bought the exhaust about 3 years ago from the 192 website, but like everything i ever buy i didn't keep the receipt. I was going to email Scorpion just to try my luck.

You might not need the receipt as they should have records of your purchase ?

Reaction score
I'm based in Colchester.

I've sent Scorpion an email to try and see what they can do.

Saamm where did you get your exhaust welded? Where was the damage on the system? I'd rather get it fixed, than fork out 400 squid+ for a new system.

Reaction score
Interesting that the RS192 appears to be so fragile. Is it down to use of inferior materials, poor workmanship or build quality issues?

The website (http://www.rs192.co.uk/page1.htm) states the following, so any defects, as long as you are the purchaser, should be fixed whilst the exhaust is in your ownership - has anybody actually taken them up on this?

"The Scorpion Lifetime Guarantee
Scorpion guarantee that any exhaust part supplied by them, which fails solely because of defective materials, faulty manufacture or as a result of corrosion, will, at their discretion, either by replaced or repaired free of charge for so long as the vehicle remains in the ownership of the original purchaser of the exhaust. Any replacement parts supplied by them hereunder are automatically included in this guarantee. The purchaser's statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee."

Reaction score
I spoke to the guys at the local garage, and they mentioned that welding stainless steel is harder and they had no one that could do it. I'll see what Scorpion come back with, but if not i'll try some other garages. Thanks for the tip.

Reaction score
Hi,

Bit more of an update, was posting on the mobile earlier.

Sent off the receipt to Scorpion, didn't have the guarantee. They were most helpful, sending me a new center section.
The guy at Scorpion mentioned they have changed the center section since i first purchased the exhaust from an oval section to a cylindrical section, which apparently is stronger.

Should arrive tomorrow and hopefully get it put on at the weekend.

Reaction score
Brilliant and good to know for potential purchasers in the future. Nice to see a company actually being helpful and sticking to what they say, rare these days without having to have an argument and speak to 10 different people to get a result.

Reaction score
They couldn't have been nicer. I thought as i didn't have the guarantee that they may have been funny but they were really helpful and true to their word.
I've had a couple of Scorpions on other cars and always liked them. Wouldn't hesitate to get one for another car if i needed to.

Made me think about getting the decat pipe. I have a pit in the garage at home so i could change myself before the MOT, just not sure if i could live with the extra noise.