Reaction score
Hi guys,
Asked this question on cliosport.net and was shocked with the answer tbh from a reputable dealer who knows his clios. However it doesn't add up tbh so looking for a final answer on here as i know a lot of members keep a close eye on values.

I have owned my trophy for 5 years and covered 63k miles in it. Absolutely love the thing but due to my daughter being born last month i will need to sell up as a baby and 2 dogs is just too much now with space. So, come the summer i will be selling up.

I feel it necessary to list what i have done in detail as i took a gamble buying the car with very little service history. So my list of what i have done throughout ownership will help paint the picture of the maintenance i have done.

Car is on 112k currently but will likely be around the 115-16k mark.
Full cambelt kit changed @BTM jan 2014 @94.5k
Brembo hc disks and pads all round with oem disks on rear with little fade and brake fluid change
Will have newly refurbished sachs and new sachs on rear (if renault keep their word)
New plugs and injectors @109k
Still got the original recaros in decent condition
New springs all round
New wheel bearings, ABS sensor and O2 sensor
Bodywork and alloys will be in good condition given age and milage
Lots of services and recent gearbox oil change
Wiper mechanism and drivers door mechanism changed

Hope that is well explained.
Realistically, what is it worth?

Thank you,
Steff

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
For me due to the miles i would be looking for something along the lines of £3750 / £4000.

To get the top end of £6000 / £7000 you are needing to have around 50/60K miles on the car with a new / refurbished sachs and all major service / work carried out with invoices.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies lads! The price i was told it was worth was £2500-2750. If it does indeed turn out to be that then i will keep it and put it away. Prices have risen quite a lot for lower milage ones at around the 6700-7500k mark. Was hoping for 3800-4k tbh. 2.5k is gutting.

Reaction score
To be fair it's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Personally I'd be inclined to agree with Marc's valuation.

That said, there's no harm in advertising in line with Mikey's suggestion, and if there's no interest then come down a step. No major loss if it doesn't sell at £4.5k.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
They seem to be selling for £2500 if they are a cat d without any history, so if yours is in good order with history its got to be worth more than that...

Reaction score
Ignore this post above. Did you view that car? Lets say it was more a 172 cup, Frankenstein than a Trophy...
I'd estimate at £4,250 and go from there. Don't bother with eBay, stick it on Autotrader and see what happens.

Reaction score
I wouldnt bother putting new sachs on the back if your selling as long as the car is reasonable.. they aint going to be cheap when they come. And as a buyer i would rather have a £xxx less car knowing that was to buy new rear sachs, Assuming you add that whole cost to the ticket price or your immediately loosing money even before the haggling begins.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ignore this post above. Did you view that car? Lets say it was more a 172 cup, Frankenstein than a Trophy...
I'd estimate at £4,250 and go from there. Don't bother with eBay, stick it on Autotrader and see what happens.

Steve.
That was a bit sharp.???
I was meaning cat D ,s in general. NOT the one that was on the market recently...
As ive seen a few advertised as cat d/c,s without any service history for around the £2500 mark over the last 18 months...

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I just think that with Trophys being used daily and milage going up it will lower the price.

I guess that just my preference and like its been said something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.