Reaction score
Yesterday I did my first sprint on a proper race circuit - Castle Combe, quite an experience, so very different from the hills - the circuit was so wide that I almost did not know where to go and of course was driving at much higher speeds - 100 plus. Still getting some confidence in the DC5, and as it was wet in the morning I took it carefully - lots of rear negative and a bit more toe in have helped a lot.

I was persuaded to go by Pete Goodman, who knows it like the back of his hand and some more and is super compettive in an Elise. Pete brought his Trophy, standard apart from DS2500 - right down to PE2. He is a great chap, really friendly and obviously well respected in the motor sport fraternity. Absolutely stunning perfromacne, blitzed everyone in the class, simply by carrying so much more speed through the corners - complete master class. His time was 92 seconds, much quicker than anyone else in the class and only 4 seconds slower than a quick Impreza and a very competitive Megane Sport, both running on track tyres. Well done Pete and a huge tribute to the Trophy!!

Reaction score
Blimey hes a good driver then. The only wet event I have done this year I was right on the pace but as it dried out slipped back a couple of seconds so they are definately best in the wet.

How did you get on George?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
good to see the trophy holding it's own, i'm convinced that the trophy's quicker around a twisty track than a meggy, think the R26R will change this but the Trophy's cornering speeds are staggering high, especially in the wet compared to most cars.

So are you a track convert now? =D>

Reaction score
It was 99% dry for the last run, and a lot of castle Combe is fast and flowing - so even more credit to driver and car. Don't forget that he was on road tyres and only 4 seconds of a well driven Megane R26 on track tyres. There are a couple of 80 - 90 mph corners with double apexes and bumps! I used to be on the pace in the wet, but slipped back in the dry.

Reaction score
Cue said:
good to see the trophy holding it's own, i'm convinced that the trophy's quicker around a twisty track than a meggy, think the R26R will change this but the Trophy's cornering speeds are staggering high, especially in the wet compared to most cars.

Me or George or both?

Reaction score
I enjoyed my track sprint and will do some more, but with a hill ten minutes from home, that is where I will focus my attention.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
shiftspark said:
Cue said:

Me or George or both?

Either and both lol.