Reaction score
I know theres plenty of threads on exhaust choices here but it's time for me to invest in a new one as mine is starting to look and sound pretty tired, slight rattle and movement under center section. I don't want it to be loud so it seems like either of these is the choice, is any one quieter, better quality, easier to fit etc than the other? Also the rattle/movement is probably a hanger(s). So would a hanger from ktr be compatible with the rs192 or will I need to look else where for that. Any response will be much appreciated.
Luke

Reaction score
The ktr hangers fit fine with the rs192, I just replaced all mine not long ago. However ktr charge like £20 each if I remember correctly and I got mine for about £7 from my local parts shop. So my advice would be to shop around!

Reaction score
Ok sweet, did you go for the rs192 then and if so, what's it like?
Cheers

Reaction score
I bought the car with it on but I've taken it off now and gone back to standard. It's a good exhaust and its not too loud either. It's currently getting repaired because there was a dent in it when it was taken off and ill be selling it by the end of the week.

Reaction score
When you fitted it jonc did you use any sort of silicone or sealant at the join to the cat? I've heard it can be a bit of a sod and can leak etc. So would like to seal it with something flexible and heat resistant. If possible. However, I read somewhere that a high temp silicone could damage the lambda sensor, I'm guessing down to it's chemical form, silicone fumes are quite strong smelling afterall. Is this true, as I don't want to damage the lambda if so.
Thanks

Reaction score
I used Holts Fire Gum, however, it doesn't work too well for the join between the CAT and the center section but is fine for the joins between the center section and the rear silencers. I've not used hi-temp silicone but others have and say it's better for sealing. But the standard clamp is rubbish and you'd be better off using a heavy duty clamp like this one:

peugeot-citroen-renault-exhaust-clamp-69mm-heavy-duty-12661-p.jpg

I can't say whether silicone will damage the lambda sensors, but their are no further sensors post CAT so fumes shouldn't reach the sensors.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah yes, thats jogged my memory, about sensor not being this side of the cat, I did read that somewhere im sure, excuse my novice-ness, I'm very new to the trophy so its all a learning curve. Ok thats brilliant mate, thanks very much, I appreciate it, one last thing, off the top of your head do you remember the size of that clamp?
Thanks again.
Luke

Reaction score
Ok sweet, thanks a lot mate, I'll follow that guide, sounds like you've done a pretty good job, pictures have expired though, but I'll get the grip of it once under the car. Trying to find that clamp online is a bugger, but I'll get one from somewhere.
Cheers jonc
Luke

Reaction score
If you still have the standard exhaust fitted, you may have to cut it in half to get it off if you can't drop the rear torsion beam and remove the rear bumper. With the clamps, theres plenty of heavy duty ones on ebay or go to northwestperformance.co.uk. Just had a quick look and I think the clamp size is 69mm and not 63mm.

Reaction score
I couldnt find that clamp anywhere, I was typing in all sorts of names in google only to finally find out that it's name on ebay was "69mm Renault exhaust clamp", how very simple! All I kept coming across were 'u-clamps', I'll let you know how it goes after fitting.
Thanks again
Luke