Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
... anyone fitted this to their Trophy?

It's got a different curve than the origional one and not sure if the bumper is slightly different on the Trophy to a Cup or stnd 182......

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
drexel said:
no but iwas thinking of buying one. Have you got one and tried to fit it?

I've taken the old one off, put the two together and had the new one against the bumper and it definately has a different angle of curve than the origonal one - and being carbon fibre you ca't bend the fecker to fit! once I get the car up in the air it may look alrght to start fitting.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had one on my 172, and they do need bending a fair bit to get them to fit. Very worrying fitting it as you're convinced it will just snap but got mine on fine in the end.

It's impossible to tape into position before fitting the self tappers though as mine was nowhere near the right shape until it had some pressure put on each end. I had to start at the middle and work outwards, checking that it was going to sit right at the edges as i went along.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nik said:
I had one on my 172, and they do need bending a fair bit to get them to fit. Very worrying fitting it as you're convinced it will just snap but got mine on fine in the end.

It's impossible to tape into position before fitting the self tappers though as mine was nowhere near the right shape until it had some pressure put on each end. I had to start at the middle and work outwards, checking that it was going to sit right at the edges as i went along.

It's not bending in that's the issue - it needs bending out - against the natural curve, risking £90 to test the bending theory, gulp. :cry:

Reaction score
I think all front ends are the same aren't they? Would seem odd that they would have completely new major part for 500 cars.

Anyhow, it didn't look like it would fit on my 172 Cup, but it will bend into shape. Taping it is as near to the final fit as possible does help, then you need to screw one section on with a good fit then bend the rest to fit.

A mini guide...

http://www.172cup.co.uk/172cup_modifications_splitter.htm

62843758-L.jpg

64972872-L.jpg

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh, should have posted. Sorted this weekend, minor bending required - bloody stiff stuff carbon fibre you know! hardly notice it now its on.

Reaction score
Your car looks bloody nice ukaskew, I think if I had a choice, I'd have my 182 in that colour. Especially good with the cloud reflections in the bonnet!

That carbon fibre splitter looks good, quite discreet but not cheap looking like the OE one. I'll wait until I scuff it a bit and then replace mine. £40 from K-TEC isn't it?

Reaction score
KTR CARBON FRONT SPLITTER FOR Mk2 172, 182 & CUP
172 Mk2, 182 & Cup
Price: £89.00+vat (104.58) Each