Reaction score
Hi y'all,

Well some of you might have been following my progression with the Orbi removal, for those of you who are not sure why I made this ludicrous move its mainly due to:

1) The system is the race one and therefore very "in your face"
2) Missus bugging the hell outta me to remove it for some peace (didn't really take much notice of this one though)

Anyway, after some research around here and on cliosport.net I found that the Janspeed was well regarded as a step up from original whilst maintining a nice sound and performance. So I managed to get my hands on one last week and had it fitted earlier this week:

PB080077-1.jpg

It sits absolutely perfectly but obviously the reason why the £1k Orbi is that priced as opposed to the £300 Janspeed is very apparant when you turn that key!! Whereas the Orbi burbled into life, the Janspeed was very civilised and didn't give me the buzz I used to have when the Orbi kicked into life. Without taking into account the sound (or symphony) that the Orbi gave, the performance differences are again noticeable.

Giving it a quick blast last night, power low down the rev range remains about the same, nothing too much to report there. However the biggest difference is up the rev range. Whereas the orbi would pull and pull >4k revs, the Janspeed seems again a bit tame. Don't get me wrong - it still goes, but the only way to describe it is that the Orbi is pure animal. It's in your face but doesnt care and will eat you alive if your not careful. Raw if you like. The Janspeed however is a smart, well suited exhaust which can have a slight wild side, but spends most of it's time in a wine bar as opposed to The Duck and Pond pub.

When on the motorway, sitting at 70mph with the Janspeed it does feel a lot more happy. When putting the foot down it goes but not to the same effect when the Orbi was on. Drop a peg and it goes but the "pulling" sensation isn't as powerful as in the other exhaust. I hope these findings aren't because of the noise "adding" to that power feeling. Mind you, the Orbi had a sports CAT and no mid box. Whereas at the moment I've got the OEM CAT and Janspeed cat back system.

Anyway I'm just going to post a few parting shots of my beloved Orbi which will hopefully have a new home soon. Im sure the new owner will have sooo much fun with it.

In conclusion I am most certainly going to miss it, but the Janspeed is here now, and hopefully I will break it in and it will start to show its true colours. One thing is for sure, it's a lot quieter in the car without the Orbi and without the other halfs moaning!

PB080068.jpg

PB080066.jpg

PB080065.jpg

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if a cat-back of any sort made any real performance gains on these tbh buddy. 2-3 BHP if your lucky?

Probably the sensation of noise dialled in to the right pedal.

But Janspeed does sound a sensible upgrade as & WHEN the OEM system rots off.

Looks perfect imo :wink:

Reaction score
Yeah to be honest Im not really looking for performance gains really. Just want the car to be clean and tidy and a bit more fun round corners than other cars. The performance is almost enough for me - but your right the slant cut Janspeed does look great and should be OEM imo.

Reaction score
hon_bris said:
Hi y'all,

2) Missus bugging the hell outta me to remove it for some peace (didn't really take much notice of this one though)

- yeah yeah, I bet you didn't :p

The Janspeed will start to growl a bit once is got a few hundred miles on it, mines starting to sound pretty sweet now its broken in a bit, I couldnt believe how quiet it was when I first put it on, but thats what I wanted, wasnt looking for something that was gonna bring me an ASBO

Reaction score
If the Janspeed in anything like the Janspeed I had on my old 206 it will get great with age. It was obvious it wasn't standard, but not too in your face, and did make a great poppint sound when changing gear. It is certainly a contender for when my OEM exhaust gives up.

Reaction score
i have had the janspeed on for a few thousand miles and it does get better with age. I wasnt looking for anything too in your face, just a bit more than standard and the janspeed ticks every box. It does look sweet in the bumper aswell, fitted superbly! enjoy mate!

Reaction score
hi

Hi Hon,

I just wanted to thank you for posting your experience with exhausts and what difference they make. Very valuable stuff.

Cheers

Dom

P.s. Roll on the arrival of my Trophy!

Reaction score
Is it the old style Janspeed or the new design?

Wouldnt mind hearing some thoughts on the new system as it looks sweet