Reaction score
a crazy question for you guys

i have just called my insurance to switch my cover to my Trophy i'm about to pick up

they've told me that as its standard it'll cost me £177 more than if i modify it!!!

:shock:

can u guys give me any ideas what to modify...... not costly and not to screw with it to much.... to be honest i love it as standard so something pretty un noticeable really.

I could chip/ remap it, is that worth while on the Trophy?

Crazy but true, help lol!!! :evil: :!:

Reaction score
Errr........

Have you tried Greenlight to see how much lower your premium would be if you switched?

Reaction score
not as yet, tried Confused.com and couldnt really beat the modified rate!

i'm gonna see if yozza sport have any ideas, they seem to be
well rated on this site

Reaction score
Trophy No.
rube79 said:
a crazy question for you guys

i have just called my insurance to switch my cover to my Trophy i'm about to pick up

they've told me that as its standard it'll cost me £177 more than if i modify it!!!

:shock:

can u guys give me any ideas what to modify...... not costly and not to screw with it to much.... to be honest i love it as standard so something pretty un noticeable really.

I could chip/ remap it, is that worth while on the Trophy?

Crazy but true, help lol!!! :evil: :!:

That's plain mad, who's that with?

Reaction score
Trust me - call Greenlight... they will be under anything on confused.com... and they are mod friendly (as well as track-day friendly).

O.

Reaction score
its with Adrian Flux,
if i modify, it comes under there 'uprated and modified' policy i already have with them.

i dont really want to change as i'm mid policy and it will cost a fair bit to finish and restart... money wasted really

yozzasport have suggested a green air filter for £50, it doesnt need to do much, just class as modified!!

very strange eh! :?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
think cheap yet effective. this usally means air filter, brake lines, pads and/or inlet or air flow improvments.

Does a cliotrophy sticker count and wiper stalk count?

I'm with greenlight - they were the best regarding mods etc with me. Privilage is worth speaking to also.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A set of silvervision indicator bulbs :)

Greenlight: £25 per alteration so best to do a few at once.

Reaction score
i have just spoken to my insurance and yes a new air filter will be enough...

filter £50, insurance £177 cheaper lol barmy!

1 on order from yozza :D

expensive bulbs hoolio lol!

Trophy sticker and keyring on order to complete the Mod...... max power would be impressed! :cry:

cheers!

:)

Reaction score
hoolio said:

I've never been charged for each of my mods... they just ask me to write in and declare them... no fee! :)

O.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
rube79 said:
expensive bulbs hoolio lol!

lol ,wasn't meant to read like that but whatever.

Don't forget to register in the owners section to get that all important third star.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
hoolio said:

I've never been charged for each of my mods... they just ask me to write in and declare them... no fee! :)

O.

That's interesting, not had the full details through yet but that is what he told me on the phone, got the impression it was some kind of admin fee, Will check :?

Reaction score
Cue said:
ps there is a ITG Panel filter group buy on Cliosport at the mo - £44 inc posting !!!!
oh bum, i just ordered one two days ago and it arrive today. Still i only paid a little bit more.

Reaction score
Hi
Greenlight quoted me £30 less than anyone else so might look at changing when mines due in 5 months

it'll cost me atleast £25 to cross over mid term but thanks for the advice :wink:

Reaction score
Um, i might give this Greenlight a call, paying >£850 with RAC at the moment and I'm 27 with three years no claims now. Confused.com only turned up with Sainsbury's as being cheaper with a massive £500 excess. Also found out that living in Brighton is £120 more expensive than Worthing?!? They're practically the same, if anything there are more toe-rags willing to key your car in Worthing.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Right you've just reminded me, checked my details now. First thing to remember greenlight are only a broker, my under-writers do require a fee for every change to the policy ie one mod@ £25 but i can do four different mods for the same price. With Greenlight i was hoping to get away from this they were not the cheapest by a long way. Also they had some odd endorsments, one being that i have to keep it in a locked garage (i don't have one) and another that i couldn't use it to go to and from work :shock: Having said that all problems were sorted quickly over the phone. not something you can always do with callcentres. So anyway your insurance is only as good as your ability to understand it.