Reaction score
i now have a viper cold air induction kit on my trophy , i was told around 5-7 bhp increase but it dosent feel any faster, in the mid range theres a difference, feels very torqey but i think ive lost abit of top end grunt. just brought an exhaust and sports cat so hopefully that'll make it better. has anybody had the same experience with the same or different induction kit?

Reaction score
There's a few of us with Maxogen kits, inc me. It gave more top end performance but I didn't lose anything lower down, 5-7hp is a dream figure anyway I think. Don't know about vipers though........

Reaction score
I had a viper on my old 182 and it did feel like it lost power until i removed the acoustic valve and put the CAF down to the lower grill with the trumpet on the end, once this was done it did feel better low down, mid and top end, didnt feel faster, just like there was more grunt, if you know what i mean.

Reaction score
Viper with a proper cold air feed makes a huge difference on mine. Ran with the viper by itself and didn't notce anything, then put the CAF on and there was a big big difference!

Reaction score
Ok can someone put all of this into englsh please.

I think I need to change my exhaust relatively soon a would like to do an upgrade to something that is mention on here but as you can guess im not that technical on of this.

I certainly don't want to make the car sound any louder. I think I read that magnatec is very quiet but it still give better performance than standard kit.

As for acoustic valves and CAF these are def above my knowledge...well at the moment they are.

I remember on one of the post on here that an exhaust change and the induction box is a good place to start but don't know what makes and if that will be enough.

Please help this newbie.

Jsthomson.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok what are hoping to achieve?
TBH if you don't want to give it a more appropriate soundtrack i'd be tempted to keep it standard, some will be quieter than others but allare going to increase the noise.