Reaction score
its been nearly a year since i parted with my trophy and got a clio 200. now im having nightmares and i need a trophy again. maybe end of the year i will start looking but going to go find a completley standard one and this time its for keeps. :D

Reaction score
i just miss the small car/big engine combo, they wont make them like this anymore so i just want to snatch a mint trophy in the near future before prices really start to climb. i cant fault my 200 its fantastic but just abit big and heavy, its very grown up and not as fun on the back roads as the t. i want that giant killer again

Reaction score
Hmm this is interesteing :D

I had a drive in a friends r26 at the weekend and i must admit although it was a lovely car, i got a feeling that i would miss my trophy after a while if i had it :? even more so I imagine when i get my RS2 fitted :twisted:

Reaction score
Welcome back, very interesting you want to come back to the old trophy after owning a 200. Good luck with the search. What was it that made you sell up a year ago?

Reaction score
ed55j said:
Welcome back, very interesting you want to come back to the old trophy after owning a 200. Good luck with the search. What was it that made you sell up a year ago?

its just a bit big and heavy, its rapid alright but you can feel that extra weight. 200 is very well planted but sometimes i just prefer being on 3 wheels than 4 :D

Reaction score
theres alot more to it than than that. i regret getting the ff version because i dont really use air con,cruise control, i dont care if the lights come on there own and wipers and have a keycard and press start button. even the dash i dont care that its softer than the cup. all this adds 36kg of weight that i dont need. with the t you get air con and cruise control and nice recaros. its not the best dash in the world but who cares, it has all the basics you need to enjoy long journeys, it may sound like i hate my 200 but thats the thing, its very good, brilliant even but maybe should have gone for the bog standard cup instead. the t is beyond brilliance, should of kept it

Reaction score
Ive always thought that the 200 range needed something in the middle, I think the cup is too basic, the ff to much and the ff with cup packs and recaros (would be my choice.) far too expensive. I specced one up last year and it was over £20k.
Would be nice if you did get another T as it would mean iI might see another every now and again as im only down the road.

Reaction score
I suspect there will be the definitive 200 when the MK3 clio comes to the end of it's life. Hopefully be more in line with the T rather than the R262R, which didn't sell out. Partly because there was a recession and partly because it was too track orientated (no back seat & full harnesses, no thanks).