nby

Reaction score
Copied this off of cliosport;

Some of you may remember my original thread asking if I should buy a certain high mileage trophy that was used as a company car, long story short I did and got it at a good price .

Finally got her up and running so I thought I would post some pictures.

It's been serviced, front dampers refurbished, two new PE2's on the front, laser aligned and the handbrake is now working as it should.

Things left to do when the weather picks up a bit;
- Replacement steering is en route (thanks L3BTF)
- Repair gear gaitor as the plastic clip has broken
- Switch to variable wiper stalk (cheers James @ jms)
- Fit ecu bracket as mine has snapped (thanks Chrispy.clio)
- Find a splitter at a decent price
- Drive and enjoy

Anyway here she is in all of her 170k glory, excuse the rubbish pictures I am useless with anytype of camera, really should read the book;

Image0104.jpg

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

Dampers before refurb
Image0096.jpg

Reaction score
Top job, well done. Quite incredible to think of the mileage the car has done – mine is only just coming up to 25,000! I presume that the exhaust has been replaced at some point in the past? Where has all the servicing been done on it over the years?

nby

Reaction score
cheers lads, it has been serviced all of its life at Renault in Solihull, West Midlands :D

Reaction score
Hows the dampers doing after the referb?
Did you ask if the place you got yours done at would like some more business? Did the dampers get Dyno'd?

Anyway, looks mint for 170k. Mine is about to hit 79k and the wheels are in need of a good referb, dampers first though, just waiting for your write up on yours.....

Reaction score
Is that KMs?!
Some 40,000 miles a year that car has on it?! What sales rep would spend all those years in a little hatchback :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the paintowrk still looks remarkably fresh for those miles - still a bloody good steal at the price you paid