Reaction score
Morning all!
Picked up my Trophy beginning of Feb, and ive just started noticing oil spots on my drive ( my mother wasnt impressed ) im no mechanic but it looks like its from the rear suspension on the passenger side, its dripping from the bottom, not sure if theres a seal broken somewhere or if its abit more serious, any suggestions or words of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah that'll probably be that then, although they are sachs units i'm not sure they are repairable in the same way as the fronts.
PM power ranger on here and he will be able to give you a price and the part number for a replacement from renault.

Reaction score
Howdo Bender_rodriguez'

From Renault you cant actually but any seal or kits that repair the rear suspension but someone maybe able to tell you that you can at an independant garage! From Renault it will be a whole rear strut, There not handed so no worries there luckily Renault have dropped the prices on these!

Trophy rear strut part no: 8200519954 £105.36+vat!

Maybe an idea if you do remove it is to replace the bolts that hold it in that way its piece of mind!

Hope this helps!

PR

Reaction score
i guess this is 1st thing that must be looked at when buying a trophy...also make sure the unit has not been freshly cleaned that could indicate someone trying to hide a leak too.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
at least you'll know they've been done - replace both sides by the way, having part worn shocks on the same axle as new one's will bugger up the handling and cause the new one to wear quicker also.

Reaction score
Well iv just been out to check it (should be working though) its stopped leaking, or at least is not half as bad as it was during the night, could it be a case of its ran out of oil to leak, if so is it ok to run for a few more days...?

Reaction score
Don't buy new until you are sure that there is a problem.Try bouncing the rear up and down it should be quite hard to push down and then return to normal ride height very slowly. Easiest way to do this is to open the tailgate and push on the opening just above the bumper.

If there is not any oil left the car will be unstable, but safe to drive very cautiously.