Reaction score
I've found a guide to removing the front grill without removing the front bumper, just need to know the best and easiest way to run a cable from the engine bay to under the drivers side dash.

Can anyone help - pics would be a bonus!

7MAT

Reaction score
Help needed with fitting Target LRC100 (NOW FITTED!)

Took me a few hours this morning but I've finally fitted my Target LRC100 laser diffuser / jammer.

The tricky bit was feeding a wire from the engine bay to passenger foot wells.

The LRC100 plugs straight into the wiring loom for the Origin b2, making a complete solution - nice and neat!

You can only just see it so I've circled it in the following picture;

LRC100-1.jpg

7MAT

Reaction score
Fantastic!

If the laser beam does not hit the sensor would you still be in trouble though? It looks like a small sensor for what is a narrow beam...

If it does work it will be a fantastic solution - and very nicely installed :)

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
When the Police use there laser guns they always aim for the number plate.

The Target LRC100 diffuses the signal back to the laser gun creating an error message on the guns display instead of my speed! The display on the Origin b2 shows ‘DIFFUSER’ and you get a warning tone.

The Origin b2 then automatically shuts down the jammer after 5 seconds. This is just enough time to hit the brakes and hopefully now be under the speed limit as the Policeman will try again this time getting a reading and avoiding any suspicion (hopefully).

Had this system fitted to my previous car for over three years and it worked a treat, saving my license on one occasion. Even had it tested with a real Police laser gun.

7MAT

Reaction score
richard3 said:
What happens if the police pull you over and find it?

This happened once, and the copper just laughed and said 'do they really work' to which I said yes. This policeman could not of cared less about the jammer instead nicked me for having German style plates - £30 fine.

So far unless I'm mistaken there has never been an actual test case in court, so the device is not illegal. There was one famous case where a guy in Wales was nicked with one, but he was never prosecuted for the device but for goading the Police by making several high speed passes through there speed trap.

7MAT

Reaction score
I've never dared buy one due to the dubious legality of the devices - but I hadn't considered what a near perfect install you can get on a Clio!! Excellent stuff!

Still got every other license protection device hanging off my dashboard though....

Reaction score
So far unless I'm mistaken there has never been an actual test case in court, so the device is not illegal.

Unfortunately you don't need a precedent to enact law... and ignorance of the law is no excuse!

I guess the worst case scenario is not speeding but being pulled over because the cops suspect you have the device as they got an error when pointing the laser at you...

I know that in the past I've had my car very carefully checked but luckily had nothing that could be used against me.

Buggered if you do, buggered if you don't...

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
TBH, speed traps are normally always in residential areas, or near schools. Why speed in them, its not big. I'm not going to say i don't speed coz i do, but going past schools etc, i always slow down. The speed limiter on the Clio has saved my arse a fair few times.
I think i'd kill myself if i hit a child or something. I'm bad enough if i pop a rabbit or badger.