Reaction score
On my daily commute I drive through a ford with a very steep section of road after it. I knew it would be trouble this morning being -4 outside!!! so I'd planned on not going that way today. However due to an accident or something causing traffic to not move at all on the other route I decided I would brave the ford and the ice hill after it. I followed a mini cooper to the ford. As soon as we got there I watched two cars on the other side of the ice hill having real trouble getting up there. Another couple of cars stranded with hazard warning lights on sitting on the right-hand side of the ice hill I assume one car hit the other or something. The mini was waiting until it was clear then went for it with caution. SHE started weaving across the road but made it. Having been stuffed on the ice hill before by a mondeo slipping backwards towards me causing me to get completely screwed, I had decided on a 2nd gear approach into the ford and then obviously 2nd gear up ice hill. I carried a fairly decent speed in to the ford causing a decent splash and then I already had the speed to quite happily take the 180bhp clio up ice hill with the use of a bit of throttle. Was pretty happy with the way I did it. Until I got to work. I then noticed I had no front number plate!! checked the screw holes and they (thank god) have not been ripped or pulled so it looks like the only damage was the number plate. I can live with that. However I didn't really get a chance to check it out properly as I was late for work so had to rush in. I will pop to Halfords at lunch and get a new plate and check the car out properly. All in all I probably should have just sat in the traffic for another 10 -15 minutes but oh well.
The trophy does look good without a front plate.

hyb

Reaction score
Just like your avatar :D

Suprised your splitter didn't come off rathen then our number plate!

Reaction score
indeed, although no need to use mspaint to blank the plate out now :)

Going out to check it all now and get a new plate.