CMR

Reaction score
I appreciate this will of been covered before, but after spending 15 minutes searching through older threads I havn't found a definite answer.

Could anyone give me what the original alignment settings on the front are? Im a bit confused by some results being in degrees and also some in "mm" and some in "minutes"!

I.e

Front
Toe (out?) 0.00 degrees
Camber (negative?) 0.00 degrees

And also if possible which of the two most contribute towards tramlining, i.e car follows road markings, camber in the road etc.

If anyone has an ideal setting for road use which gives the best handling and also the tyres not following the road camber and markings it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Craig

CMR

Reaction score
Apologies for my lack of knowledge over alignments but are you suggesting the fronts should run 0 degrees total toe, if not what do you mean by parallel?

I thought the fronts as standard were toe out.

Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The fronts are normally set up with about neg 0.5 of camber and off the top of my head i can't remember but think its about 5 mins of toe.
I've had the camber increased to neg 2 and the alignment to 10 mins toe out and i no longer have any of the tramlining etc that i used to get.
Not had mine at parallel so can't comment

CMR

Reaction score
When you say 5 mins of toe (Am i right in thinking this is 0.1667 degrees?) is that each side or in total?

Reaction score
1 degree is equal to 60 mins, 1 min is 60 seconds. (I think :? )

Usaually quote the allignment per side, though I've had a lot of garages quoting total if refering to parllel etc.

0.12 deg per side I think renault quote for 182s (trophy included) This wont be 100% on every car as the camber ect plays is part in where the cars geometry wants to be (or so i'm told :wink: )