Reaction score
The joint at the back of my cat (towards the rear) has cracked. :(

Is this an easy fix or new cat jobby?

ALso there is no clamp on this joint, it looks like there should be one there? :idea:

Reaction score
Hi,

Mine cracked at the same point ages ago, got Renault to 'bodge it' as a new one was around £1400 mark !!!!!!! :eek:
Go get yourself a ktec sport kat, only takes 1/2hr or so to change, get some new clamps and gasket from them too.

Not worth fixing really imo. Plus its loads lighter too =D>

Should have some bolts that are spring tensioned I think (or is that the front ???) can't see as I don't have my car here

Chris

Reaction score
I might be getting confused here :oops:

Is the cat the box closest to the manifold (cylinder)? I though it would be the rear (corrugated) one?

Renault reckon my cats fine but exhaust is goosed. They offered to repair it for £850 :lol:

Reaction score
Ha hah!!! I'm sure they did, £850 :) :) - jokers.....

The cat is the first bit - with the sensors either side.

Time for a nice new, lighter, louder, cheaper, stainless system!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:

I agree! Bin the Reno one and put a decent one on that will last! :D

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:

Reet - that makes things simple.

I want something subtle as i'm getting on though.

Are the folks with RS192s happy? Done a search and the first result was something to do bad fitment.

Reaction score
My Miltek works for me, not brash - mellow sound and seems to perform well : ideal for the more mature yob (like me) - Tinker has a 192 on his T, louder than mine (nice noise mind) but harder to live with on longer runs imo.

Reaction score
My RS192 fits fine. If you are after an exhaust which is not OTT at all go for this

Reaction score
No need to get a new cat fella. If i understand right it's the tubing that comes out the rear of the cat, about 6" long with a flange that mates with the exhaust system that goes to the rear of the car?

An aftermarket exhaust will be 2.5" tube if i remembered rightly. Have a word about, and get that cracked piece cut off the cat, and a piece of 2.5" tube welded straight to the cat. The current system will reduce the diameter down to 2" (piece after the cat), then back up to 2.5" at the start of the exhaust system. This mod aids exhaust flow to the max you can achieve - no restrictions. The cat fitted to the clio is essentially a fast flowing sports cat and should last hundreds of thousands of miles providing the engine is in good condition. This mod relieves the kick at 5k rpm and smooths out the power surge within 5k - 6k rpm.

I guess a new cat from another supplier could already have this 2.5" exit from the cat as standard?