Reaction score
A weekend break to rural Norfolk proved too much for the Trophy: a massive pothole in the grassy car park of Holkham Hall saw my splitter, er, split into pieces.

P150809_162401.jpg

Gutted :(

Guess I'll have to fork out the £120 for a replacement from K-Tec.

I unscrewed it when I got back to where I was staying, so the car wouldn't look a mess on the drive home. But, being a complete idiot, it didn't occur to me that the screws holding in the splitter may serve some other purpose as well.

So when I got home to Cambridge I realised that the rubber/plastic that's attached the underside of each front corner of the car had become detached on one side.

The tyre had clearly been rubbing against the plastic, and an unimportant-looking little corrugated plastic tube had appeared as well. Guess that might have fed water to the headlight cleaners on other models? It didn't look like it had any function anyway.

So now I've got to replace that bit of plastic that makes up the front of the inside of the wheelarch too - not good. I'm going to take it to West's tomorrow to see what they can do but I have a horrible feeling it's going to be more expensive than I expect.

Does anyone know if those screws holding in the splitter do have another purpose other than keeping it attached? Or have any idea of how much of a beating my wallet might take over this?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jim it sounds as of you undid too many screws, the ones holding the splitter only hold the splitter. There are one or two either side that are set further back that obviously hold the bottom of the wheel arch liner.
I would have thought it would just need a bit of tidying but you never can tell.

I think the respray back to capsicum may cost a little more.

Reaction score
Cheers Hoolio - I was pretty sure I hadn't taken out more screws than necessary, 6 altogether, but I obviously did something wrong somewhere along the line #-o

Paintwork's okay though - all that's damaged is that liner. Unless you mean the car looks a weird colour? My cameraphone hasn't really done it any favours...

Reaction score
Jimbo said:
The tyre had clearly been rubbing against the plastic, and an unimportant-looking little corrugated plastic tube had appeared as well. Guess that might have fed water to the headlight cleaners on other models? It didn't look like it had any function anyway.
That could be the battery overflow pipe? think its clipped to the bottom of arch liner.

Reaction score
arch-liners
from renault £140 i believe .... (sorry) though you can order the sections, front (£60) and rear (£80), separately, before you ask, yes sport liners are different to non sport models, so no you cant got down to your local scrappy and rinse some of a dynamique or and exreme ..... however they do bodge fit and with a bit of loving and some tolls will sit, if rather precariously, in place.
as for the splitter yer its like £120 for a renault one or the same for a K-Tec carbon one so yer your call on that. :)

hope this was of some help man and you get it sorted.

Reaction score
shiftspark said:
Jimbo said:
That could be the battery overflow pipe? think its clipped to the bottom of arch liner.

Yeah, I had to replace this pipe after parking in some long grass pulled it off. It's worth cable tying your wheelarch liner in place where it clips onto the black metal bar at the back too apparently.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all :) With any luck I'll only have to replace the front section of the liner, but I'll take it in just to be sure.

Reckon I'll go for a splitter from K-Tec - I know Marrow is also after one, and he suggested that we might be able to get a discount rate if we buy a few at once.

I wonder how many other people on here need to replace their splitters?

Reaction score
Cool - I'll start a new splitter group-buy thread.

As an update on the situation - looks like the wheel arch liner (part no. 6000 073 747) is going to cost me £35.91. I'd like to fit it myself but I don't have a ramp or any way of elevating the car enough to do it, so I'm paying the stealers £30 for the privilege. £75.22 all-in, with VAT and everything.

Apparently that little plastic tube is some kind of sensor, although I'm not exactly buoyed with confidence after the first person that looked at it said it was related to the air-conditioning. Apparently Trophys don't have battery overflow pipes - I didn't know enough to argue.

For the splitter from Renault (part no. 8200 248 910), West quoted me £141.52 (+VAT I think) :shock: which even they admitted was an absolute joke.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh dear, shows what they know, that is the battery overflow pipe although the a/v is down there so they may be mixing it up with that. To fit the liner all you need is a jack and to remove the wheel but I suppose thirty isn't too bad.

Reaction score
The small thin pipe is most definately the battery overflow, just follow it back and it will lead to the top of the battery