Reaction score
Iain, in my honest opinion they are cheap for a reason mate. Going on my personal past experiences with cheap suspension kits I would say dont bother....Save up for the H&R's (£750ish). Eibach also do a Pro kit comprising of dampers and springs, lowers approx 300mm but will handle very well! Think it comes in at around £400.

Just going back to the FK's, I recently saw a set in real life and the rear coil's were 'bound' when the car was stationary and unloaded! The vehicle owner is selling the kit and purchasing something else instead due to the fact his car no longer makes him happy...i.e it doesnt handle right!! Basically what was happening with his car was when entering a corner, under compression the rear springs went fully coil bound and this made it very nervous and twitchy. Ideal if you want alot of lift off oversteer but a little sketchy for day to day road use lol.

Just my experience mate, hope it helps.

Reaction score
I would only install KWs, Bilstein or H&R on my car (have had all bar KW in the past). Cheers. O.

( Posted from a mobile device )

Reaction score
I totally agree with Gary on this the cheap kits are made to a budget. I have had expereince with the KW range and tbh the information that we have had back from the customers is positive, but if you are in the market for a top spec kit which will work well on track as well as road, i personally would go for the Eibach or the H&R which argain I have had personal experience of both.

Reaction score
oliie wot car did you have the H&Rs on? A 172?
Ive been in 2 H&R cups one round brands ant the other on road and was very impressed with both. The 1 at brands sat like a trophy round corners :)

Reaction score
iain_c said:
oliie wot car did you have the H&Rs on? A 172?
Ive been in 2 H&R cups one round brands ant the other on road and was very impressed with both. The 1 at brands sat like a trophy round corners :)

I had the H&R kit on a MTM tuned Golf GTI mark 4 (230hp) and a PSS9 kit on a 330ci.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Gary, you've never tried FK's, so zip it!!! ;)

they're awesome

Reaction score
I have so ner :p lol.

They were surprisingly good in terms of ride comfort in my opinion! Was something odd about the rear springs and handling though :?

Reaction score
Gary G said:
I have so ner :p lol.

They were surprisingly good in terms of ride comfort in my opinion! Was something odd about the rear springs and handling though :?

Learn to drive!

Reaction score
Fred as your a man in the know would the fks give a decent ride? I will have to use the car for a 50 mile round trip every day! :cry:
Thanks iain

Reaction score
i've done 60Kmiles lowered 100mm and i've not had a problem!

it rides as good if not better than standard, just a fair bit stiffer

Reaction score
I do a 50 mile daily commute on my Leda's....great fun and very comfy 8)

To be fair the FK kit does ride very well for the money, I was pleasently surprised!