Clutch pedal

Reaction score
When pressing the clutch pedal down it feels like its scraping against something. It also makes a creaking noise. Has this happened to anyone else? Its been noticeable for a few weeks but has got worse over the past couple of days. Any ideas, ta.

Reaction score
mine creaks a little too but i can't say that it feels like it's scraping anything.. It's not all the time either..

Reaction score
corneyman said:
When pressing the clutch pedal down it feels like its scraping against something. It also makes a creaking noise. Has this happened to anyone else? Its been noticeable for a few weeks but has got worse over the past couple of days. Any ideas, ta.

Mine is exactly the same!! Happened after i pushed it real hard at snetterton on the weekend. It was creeking really loud, but now is a softer creaking.

Im interested to know whats making the noise?

Reaction score
If you have a look behind the clutch pedal you see the cable goes through a small hole spray some grease or wd40 in there worked for me .

Reaction score
Haven't had this with the Trophy, but my old car started doing this and I did exactly as nig63 said and greased up every point of contact the clutch cable had with the car, and the hinge mechanism, lovely clutch action after that.

Of course it could be that your clutch springs have gone, but unlikely.