ClioTrophy.co.uk has hit 30000 posts!!!

Reaction score
Just noticed in the admin area that the site has hit 30k posts!

Thanks to Nik for setting it up, and everyone else for making it what it is!

:D

Reaction score
and amazingly..... our serial spammers Steve & Cue have managed to contribute a fair bit to that total.... :p

but in all seriousness the vast majority of them 30000 posts are truly useful stuff, keep up the friendly community atmosphere we have :D

Reaction score
You're nearly on a grand G. :D

Just to echo Gareth's sentiments - Thanks to everyone for their input and participation in what is universally accepted as the best one-model car forum in the world.

Keep up the Good Work!!

Reaction score
Steve said:
Thanks to everyone for their input and participation in what is universally accepted as the best one-model car forum in the world.

100% Scientific Proven Fact

In back to back trials 8 out of 10 car enthusiasts chose ClioTrophy over other leading brands.

Reaction score
Love the way that recently everyone has started to tinker with their trophys and share their findings etc. Keep up the good work everyone, I say.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Its thanks to all you guys that this place has become what it has. Its great to come on here and see the enthusiasm people have, and how everyone is able to get along and discuss stuff without all the crap that we see by members on some other forums.

Although I've been a bit quiet of late, there are still lots of plans for the next year which should see this place become bigger and better, including some competitions, shows / events and some upgrades to the site.

Big thanks to Day, Dan, Gareth, Steve and Steve for their hard work too, its nice to know the place is in safe hands when I've not been online much. Cheers guys!

Reaction score
Cheers Nik, we wouldn't have any of it without you! I'm really looking forward to these upgrades, hopefully some to annihilate more spambots. :lol:

From everyone here;

Get Well Soon!

I will win the next competition, I must win the next competition.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
moderators shouldn't be allowed to enter :) they have an unfair advantage to alter posting etc....

I must win....

Reaction score
6.21% of all posts have been made by Cue and 5.78% of all posts have been made by Steve.... between the two of them they account for over 10% of all the posts made..... serial spammers together :wink:

and Yey i've finally made the big 1000 :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
Cue joined after me so his posts per day count is thrashing me and he doesn't have the excuse of looking after the site! The man is supposed to be running three businesses!

Cue, are you sure you don't want to be a mod? You might end up deleting your own spam posts though! :lol:

Reaction score
Even Nik and Day who have been on here longer are responsible for 5.22% and 3.58% respectively....

Yes i'm bored :lol:

Reaction score
Pareto's rule holds true even on the humblest of forums!

Reaction score
For those of us who don't swallow encyclopedias for breakfast;

Pareto principle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other senses of this term, see 80/20.
The Pareto principle (also known as the 80-20 rule, the law of the vital few and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many phenomena, 80% of the consequences stem from 20% of the causes. Business management thinker Joseph M. Juran suggested the principle and named it after Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who observed that 80% of income in Italy went to 20% of the population. It is a common rule-of-thumb in business; e.g., "80% of your sales come from 20% of your clients."
The Pareto principle is only tangentially related to Pareto efficiency, which was also introduced by the same economist, Vilfredo Pareto. Pareto developed both concepts in the context of the distribution of income and wealth among the population.
Contents
[hide]
1 Practical applications
2 Mathematical notes
3 See also
3.1 Examples
4 External links
[edit]Practical applications

The Pareto principle has many applications in quality control. It is the basis for the pareto chart, one of the key tools used in total quality control and six sigma. The Pareto principle serves as a baseline for ABC-analysis and XYZ-analysis, widely used in logistics and procurement for the purpose of optimizing stock of goods, as well as costs of keeping and replenishing that stock.
In computer science the Pareto principle can be applied to resource optimization by observing that 80% of the resources are typically used by 20% of the operations. In software engineering, it is often a better approximation that 90% of the execution time of a computer program is spent executing 10% of the code (known as the 90/10 law in this context).
[edit]Mathematical notes

The idea has rule-of-thumb application in many places, but it is commonly misused. For example, it is a misuse to state that a solution to a problem "fits the 80-20 rule" just because it fits 80% of the cases; it must be implied that this solution requires only 20% of the resources needed to solve all cases.
Mathematically, where something is shared among a sufficiently large set of participants, there will always be a number k between 50 and 100 such that k% is taken by (100 ? k)% of the participants; however, k may vary from 50 in the case of equal distribution to nearly 100 in the case of a tiny number of participants taking almost all of the resources. There is nothing special about the number 80, but many systems will have k somewhere around this region of intermediate imbalance in distribution.
This is a special case of the wider phenomenon of Pareto distributions. If the parameters in the Pareto distribution are suitably chosen, then one would have not only 80% of effects coming from 20% of causes, but also 80% of that top 80% of effects coming from 20% of that top 20% of causes, and so on (80% of 80% is 64%; 20% of 20% is 4%, so this implies a "64-4 law").
One should not be seduced by the symmetry of the idealised case - 80-20 is only a shorthand for the general principle at work. In individual cases, the distribution could just as well be say 80-10 or 80-30. (There is no need for the two numbers to add up to 100%, as they are measures of different things, eg 'number of customers' vs 'amount spent'). The classic 80-20 distribution occurs when the gradient of the line is -1 when plotted on log-log axes of equal scaling.

:D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve beat me to a 1000!

re mod status, i think 4 is enough for CT, if Nik needed another i'd offer my services... I'd love to have a go at getting the membership of spambots down...