Reaction score
Hi all

I'm hoping to make my Trophy a bit more track focused for next year.

How far have people taken the stripping of there cars and what sort of results have they got?

Oh and any ideas and advice with track mods would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance ,

Matt.

:D

Reaction score
I took the back seats out as an experiment - doesn't make a difference other than noise.

However I was involved in the stripping of a friends 172 Cup and that definately made a difference. Basically the whole rear of the car was taken out, and some bits at the front.

Will find pics at some point.

Reaction score
I looked at this - for prod saloon competiiton you have to retain the back seats. To make a significant difference would be a big job - all sound proofing, air bags, air con and heating/ventiliation, lighter glass, much lighter exhaust, best way is to strip to bare shell and only replace what you need - a big job - if you look at the Clio racers they are still, iirc, quite heavy.

Reaction score
For a track only car take a look at P Murrays car on cliosport
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=296733

this will give you some idea of how far you can go.

The cup cars are a far bit lighter but not that much quicker.It will always come down to how far you want to go as if you use the car on the road just removing the rear seats makes quite a difference to road noise.

HTH

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the cup are around 2-3 seconds a lap quicker, personally i think a lot of that time is down to sequential box and slick tyres, weight (around 100kg saving maybe?) will be only marginal savings.

Top gear last night was a good demonstration - what they didn't figure was the increased weight of the new brakes countered the efficiency of the AP racing set-up.

suspension, tyres, braking then weight reduction and more power is the order which i'd focus on.

Suspension - front is sorted already being a trophy, get some rear adjustables. Tyres - R888's, braking - you've already experimented with 4 pots albeit wilwoods iirc. So simple weight reduction would be next.

Rear seats out, lighter exhaust, sort out the air feed, that little lot alone will save around 20kg.

Reaction score
Cue said:
the cup are around 2-3 seconds a lap quicker, personally i think a lot of that time is down to sequential box and slick tyres, weight (around 100kg saving maybe?) will be only marginal savings.

I mean the 172 cups. If you consider they have no abs , aircon,thinner glass and more they are about still about 1030 kg where the trophy is around 1070 iirc

Reaction score
Well I'm currently running a kevlar/carbon bonnet and hatch which has a perspex screen, no rear seats, pro race 1.2's albiet 16's.

Over the winter I am hoping to swap my pro race's for some 15's or get yet another set of wheels, fit my b&m quickshift and wilwood 4 pots and maybe do a few other bits and bobs.

Has anyone fitted wilwood 4 pots under 15's such as the 172 f1's or speedline 2118's?

Also any suggestions for a decent exhaust system and maybe a steering wheel?

Thanks.

:D